NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (aka 'G.B.E.') - best all-round available DE blade?

Discussion started by Monsta_AU, Feb 11, 2011.

1. borked

borked Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat Grand Society Group Buy Associate Da Menth Heads

2. Monsta_AU

Monsta_AU ...can I interest you in some vintage blades? Forum Administrator Grand Society

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    Volare likes this.
  3. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

4. Monsta_AU

Monsta_AU ...can I interest you in some vintage blades? Forum Administrator Grand Society

Admin Post
    Yeah, prices are getting nuts. $9 for a single pack too.

5. nav1

nav1 Member 2018 Sabbatical

Oh man!!
    I know GBE are a damn awesome blade (i was too slow to stock up at the time @Monsta_AU cleared out the sellers stock) but at this price?... No way!

Current production Polsilvers at $25/100 are a relative bargain considering i can get 7 to 10 uses from a blade.

6. borked

borked Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat Grand Society Group Buy Associate Da Menth Heads

Tell him he's dreaming.
    All well and good to ask, yet the sale price will indicate what the market will tolerate.
    BTW, might be an idea to tone back on Bitcoins, as from my understanding, they're reaching their hard limit of coins that can be mined, with most folks predicting it will result in it tanking the price.

7. Ferret619

Ferret619 Possums are not Grand Poobahs 2018 Sabbatical

Not good blades at all. Awful value for money.
    0/10

Kaeckerut likes this.
  8. borked

9. Kaeckerut

Kaeckerut Member

I'm trying to understand why anyone would pay those prices, surely there would be a product close enough for at least half the price.
    $1 a blade is cartridge razor prices :p

10. borked

Search the historical prices of Personna 74 on eBay :)

Kaeckerut likes this.
  11. Kaeckerut

Kaeckerut Member

I looked them up and they sound great, but I'm going to avoid looking at the price. If I was collecting I would be interested, but I intend to use what I buy... even if it takes a few years.

12. Monsta_AU

Admin Post
    Look, all of these older blades will get to these prices at some point. Try and find prices on Swedes and let me know how much you would need to pay for a pack of those. Probably as much as the over-priced and over-rated Polsilvers!

13. borked

Over-rated hey!
    Don't recall your feedback in the past matching that ;)
    Lets put it this way, one became a standard here, the other, a clatyons pushed by the one holding the bat and ball to the forum :)