Not seeing all threads

Dustin L

Hey guys,

Big thanks for all the help getting started wet shaving over the last little while.

I had something unusual happen today on the forum and wanted to see if it is happening to anyone else.

I went to the page this morning and I wasn't logged in straight away. I didn't realize this at first and so I clicked on a link to a post about fake Wolf Whiskers brushes being sold on Ebay.
No problems yet.
Then I went to "like" a post and I realized I wasn't logged in so I logged in and refreshed the page.
You do not have permission to view this page
tried again...

Logged out and could open it fine.

I then realized after further perusal that the entire Heads Up thread isn't even there while I'm logged in.
Same with Buy/sell non shaving products. A guest can view it but I am not able to while logged in.

Is anyone else having these issues or able to help with it?

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Hey guys,

Big thanks for all the help getting started wet shaving over the last little while.

I had something unusual happen today on the forum and wanted to see if it is happening to anyone else.

I went to the page this morning and I wasn't logged in straight away. I didn't realize this at first and so I clicked on a link to a post about fake Wolf Whiskers brushes being sold on Ebay.
No problems yet.
Then I went to "like" a post and I realized I wasn't logged in so I logged in and refreshed the page.
tried again...

Logged out and could open it fine.

I then realized after further perusal that the entire Heads Up thread isn't even there while I'm logged in.
Same with Buy/sell non shaving products. A guest can view it but I am not able to while logged in.

Is anyone else having these issues or able to help with it?

Kind Regards,

Dustin
I've been seeing the same thing, @Dustin L . I just thought it was because I haven't been a member for that long yet :whistle:

There have been some changes @Monsta_AU has made to the back end to prevent a range of people looking to join simply to get access to the B/S/T (and possibly being unscrupulous there too) - see discussion here: BST

As part of that logging out and logging back in was needed to reset permissions from memory.

I'm not sure whether it covers al The High Street or just the Buy/Sell sub-forum

There have been some changes @Monsta_AU has made to the back end to prevent a range of people looking to join simply to get access to the B/S/T (and possibly being unscrupulous there too) - see discussion here: BST

As part of that logging out and logging back in was needed to reset permissions from memory.

I'm not sure whether it covers al The High Street or just the Buy/Sell sub-forum

Thanks Mark,

I was aware that permissions were changed shortly after I joined. I knew I didn't have permission for the shaving products BST anymore.
They also don't show up for guests when looking at the page.
That's all fine and dandy.
The thing I find odd is other forum threads in High Street are available for the public to view but as a member I'm excluded from them.
Maybe there is a good reason that I'm just not understanding but it seems a bit odd.

Cheers,

Dustin

Only trading forums are subject to the requirement. The Vendor section is not, I believe the heads up is not either.

It will become available again in due course for you.

Only trading forums are subject to the requirement. The Vendor section is not, I believe the heads up is not either.

It will become available again in due course for you.

Thanks Monsta,
No worries, I understand about the BST forums.

The Only threads that are visible in High Street to me are:
Group Buy Central
Vendor View
Artisinal Products and Services

Nothing else shows up.
If I log out and view the site as a guest there are several more that do show up.

Does that make sense?

It's not a big deal, just though it was odd and might be something not working right.

Cheers,

Dustin

I understand what you are saying, but that's not what I can see from my end with multiple browsers and user accounts (and also no user account).

Public (not logged in) should only be Artisinal Products and Services. I can confirm this from here in a separate, non-logged in browser. There is a possibility that your browser is somehow getting a different permission as you have an account but are not logged in.... but I cannot reproduce that.

Registered users (but not yet fully BST active) should get access to Vendor View and also Group Buy Central.

Once your account steps up again to a higher level of access, the remainder will show.

I have kicked and reset a couple of plugin that might be causing an issue, and then run some other processes which should help fix any issues in terms of locally-cached (previously visited & downloaded to your PC for speedier access) items which should help.