November 2017 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Declaration/Wolf Whiskers 30mm.

Its finally here. Started way back on the 25th of July when i snagged a spot on Peters waitlist. Three and a half months later its in my hands.
RtliE1n.jpg

qkj0Sy8.jpg

ceCjngj.jpg

w132bFp.jpg

Declaration/Wolf Whiskers 30mm.

Its finally here. Started way back on the 25th of July when i snagged a spot on Peters waitlist. Three and a half months later its in my hands.
RtliE1n.jpg

qkj0Sy8.jpg

ceCjngj.jpg

w132bFp.jpg
Congratulations - wonderful looking brush (y)

Nice pick-up @Mark1966 just a small order in from APR for me, thanks @todras
I don’t know where to start this week

8xtWEqf.jpg

T9gDfv2.jpg
jesusChrist and holly magdalene. I reckon you have left APR website out of stock!!!
Fresca is now my way to go scented, musky citrousy. Waiting for the new summer Suitably attired. It smells so good that I wont be able to restrain myself from buying the Parfume

Received a parcel from the UK today. Could smell the pipe tobacco before I even opened it :D

The handle is in the S8 shape. Knot is a 26mm Finest in Hybrid shape. The brush looks absolutely stunning (as usual the pictures do it no justice). A quick hand lather indicated that the knot holds a lot of promise. Final photo was taken shortly after the first hand lather, knot already blooming nicely.

RR1BVTC.jpg

7b6ckut.jpg

TjRbbxa.jpg

uthcRoG.jpg

I got a new strap for my bins....
It is funny that it looks and feel better than other expensive stuff even from the same brand (I have an harness from Swarovski not in use, if any interested, but it is very awful).
Like shaving, people claim that buying good stuff means shaving money. I broke my Carl zeiss 10X40 bgat in 2003 and then I got the swa habitch EL, several hundreds of Euros... (now you may get them in some aussie stores above 3 grands... so because I got tired of them (like anyoneends up using the same soap everyday) I am seriously thinking that I need anew ones, Leica.... as they are a bit cheaper. I am also considering while back in Spain, ask my ex-girlfriend to give me back the leica small binocular I bougth her, because she never use it....

RK9hYjh.jpg

Last edited:
It is funny that it looks and feel better than other expensive stuff even from the same brand (I have an harness from Swarovski not in use, if any interested, but it is very awful).
Like shaving, people claim that buying good stuff means shaving money. I broke my Carl zeiss 10X40 bgat in 2003 and then I got the swa habitch EL, several hundreds of Euros... (now you may get them in some aussie stores above 3 grands... so because I got tired of them (like anyoneends up using the same soap everyday) I am seriously thinking that I need anew ones, Leica.... as they are a bit cheaper. I am also considering while back in Spain, ask my ex-girlfriend to give me back the leica small binocular I bougth her, because she never use it....

RK9hYjh.jpg
Man to my own heart! 10mm magnification is a minimum and my choice too in the 40mm cans.
I spit on your 8ths and kiss your 12ths.

Yeah, get them back from the ex. Remind her that if she needs them he ain't worth dating.

Budget ones if needing a spare

Last edited:
Man to my own heart! 10mm magnification is a minimum and my choice too in the 40mm cans.

Yeah, get them back from the ex. Remind her that if she needs them he ain't worth dating.

You guys are "almost" speaking English... (n)
I do understand you though. Good optics put things into a class of their own, and if it's possible to go wrong with Swarovski I'd like to know how..

Sadly they're out of my price range right now ( a couple of kids at private school will do that to you); for now my Leupold VX2 will have to do...

I may have been tempted to try some Schick Prolines in the SS General and Supply v2.
Straight from Japan to my door.

Edit: Appolagies for the size of the image. I forgot how rediculously hi-res phone cameras are these days. I'll try to reduce it.

FxEgRgh.jpg

Last edited:

RK9hYjh.jpg

Budget ones if needing a spare

I do understand you though. Good optics put things into a class of their own, and if it's possible to go wrong with Swarovski I'd like to know how..

Sadly they're out of my price range right now ( a couple of kids at private school will do that to you); for now my Leupold VX2 will have to do...

Well I have no idea about any of that - but clealy I NEED a pair of binoculars now ...

Being out of the own range is xommon. I remember barely starting at UNI when I broke my second (probably third) hand zeiss , rougly around 199-12001
I have used swarovsky so good claimed post-selled system a couple of times, at least. notting to regret as at one time is was a broken lens among other stuff, other time was mi telscope (sts 80-HD), and the reason was the same, I broke it. I also broke one of the glasses in Musandam/oman and I had to pay for fixing it (reasonable of course)

If I had to buy new stuff, I would probably not go to swarovskybrand, but for leica binoculars.

The only ting wrong with Swrovsky is that is so expensive. I got my bins and my scope almost 15 years ago, and noy even is so much more freak expensive

Well I have no idea about any of that - but clealy I NEED a pair of binoculars now ...

Are you developing new lathering stilish? I mean, yo are making so much lather than next you wil need a pair of binoculars to see the end of the lather?
If you need a pair of bins I may help on the choice, but I am onlu on the high end, don/t know much in other segments

Optivcs is just like soaps, take that!!

Remind me to bring mine to the xmas meetup.
They're marked Angus & Coote Sydney and are well aged, so I'd hazard a guess towards at least 50 years old.

Received a parcel from the UK today. Could smell the pipe tobacco before I even opened it

Bloody hell, you would have been able to see that brush through the packaging and the pipe-smoke... very progressive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.