Occams Shaving Products

Batch300

I was planning to reorder Occams Crushed Lime shave cream and looks like everyone out of stock (US vendors and website). Understand Occams maybe retiring from the artisan shaving world. Nice products.

I was planning to reorder Occams Crushed Lime shave cream and looks like everyone out of stock (US vendors and website). Understand Occams maybe retiring from the artisan shaving world. Nice products.
That would be sad news indeed...Darcy is a fantastic vendor...

Hmmm... As luck would have it I happened to use my "Occams: Crushed Lime" shave cream and pre-shave soap for the first time this morning.
I've got to admit, after some excellent performances from my other soaps lately, I wasn't expecting anything spectacular.

But wow! It was excellent! It felt different from my other creams. But, no less effective.
To me it felt like a less-dense lather*. But, somehow far more protective. No cuts. No discomfort. No razor burn. And the fragrance really grew on me.

I will be quite upset if Occams decide to cease production.
It's worth noting that everything on their website has been listed as sold-out for months... I've been trying (without success) to find an original-scent pre-shave bar.

Equipment used:
  • Pre-shave: Hot shower, Occams crushed-lime pre-shave bar.
  • Soap: Occams cushed-lime shave-cream.
  • Razor: Merkur 34c
  • Blade: Feather (3)
  • Post-shave: Cold water, Alum block, Thayer's unscented witch hazel.
  • A/S: PAA Déjà Fougère
P.S. Sorry. I didn't mean for this post to be so long.
*I assume this is due to it being glycerine-based?