October 2013 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In one case a B&B member who had sold a particular razor for $300+ two weeks earlier offered a seller $40 for the same razor and convinced the seller he wanted to use if etc etc. As it happened I'd spoken to that seller a week before on another item and didn't bother to ask about this one thinking he would again let the auction run. Three weeks later that razor bought for $40 was sold for $250 at a different B&B member (keeping it away from eBay) who had posted a WTB.

That's really fkin gentlemanly.

1 Bottle of Osage Rub
1 bottle of Pinaud Clubman
2 bottles of Aqua Velva Musk

This -

Cav2.jpg

My Cavalier set

Cav1.jpg

Better change my sig line now ....

:eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg:

The postman has been good to me today.

My schicks arrived, and PJ Lightning Bolt (pre-ordered from US) so it arrived a week after the local release.

IMG_5397.jpg

Plus the bloody nylon shopping bags I bought ready for Tas to ban single use bags next week, bloody stupid idea is that really the most pressing environmental issue we are facing?

.........PJ Lightning Bolt (pre-ordered from US) so it arrived a week after the local release..........

You could have got one directly from me.

.......Plus the bloody nylon shopping bags I bought ready for Tas to ban single use bags next week, bloody stupid idea is that really the most pressing environmental issue we are facing?

No it probably isn't but it's a start. I'm probably one of the few people who have supervised the removal of an entire landfill and 50yr old plastic shopping bags come out of the ground in the same state they went in. Plus with a bit of forethought they're just not needed. It's about time they started this in Perth. Bunnings do it and there are no complaints there. A good excuse to force companies and shops to offer the reuse of truck loads of cardboard boxes. I reuse all our shopping bags as bin liners and to cover up food in the fridge etc. Not as good as not having them at all but at least I can claim double or triple use. That's my green rant for the day.

You get used to it fairly quickly and it isn't as painful as you imagine. Is been going here for around 2 years. If you forget your bags you can always buy a plastic bag at the counter for 15c or so and these once are much stronger and reusable then the old free ones.

The only problem is as PJ hints to is having to buy rubbish bags now

I'm probably one of the few people who have supervised the removal of an entire landfill and 50yr old plastic shopping bags come out of the ground in the same state they went in.
What will it be like in another 50 when the landfills are full of non-woven nylon bages?

A good excuse to force companies and shops to offer the reuse of truck loads of cardboard boxes.
This I agree with, but as there is no profit for them in it they don't bother. The supermarkets have also forced suppliers to provide products in carton that are not suitable for reuse.

What will it be like in another 50 when the landfills are full of non-woven nylon bages?...........

I'm assuming that they're reusable and will break down naturally.

.........This I agree with, but as there is no profit for them in it they don't bother. The supermarkets have also forced suppliers to provide products in carton that are not suitable for reuse.

To force suppliers to not use recycleable materials just avoid having to recycle seems a bit redneck to me. Can't imagine, other than for a supermarket in Buttfuck USA run by the Bush family, that that would happen to any appreciable degree. There's no shortage at Bunnings or the odd supermarket that I know of.

To force suppliers to not use recycleable materials just avoid having to recycle seems a bit redneck to me. Can't imagine, other than for a supermarket in Buttfuck USA run by the Bush family, that that would happen to any appreciable degree. There's no shortage at Bunnings or the odd supermarket that I know of.

Hmm, well it is cardboard so it is recyclable, but the cartons that Woolies specify are generally designed to be cut/torn open easily and are therefore no suitable for ruse to carry stuff home. Interewsting reading here is you can be bothered, bit.ly/1hbYN17

Glad I'm not in FMCG for work.

One of my wifes workers went to Singapore recently - unbeknownst to me she had been organised to bring me back a little surprise. A one litre bottle of Laphroaig. Yummy yummy single malt in the tummy.

I also have my eye on another watch, having managed to restrain myself from the Obris Morgan. This time it is a Chinese 200m water resistant automatic which seems to be really good value. Except there are currently none in stock.
Which one Eggs? Hard to restrain oneself from the Obris.... except when one looks at one's bank balance and says 'nope'. Then I looked at a Panerai and nearly died at the price..... but swooned anyway. Might grab myself a Vostok for Chrissy.

Which one Eggs? Hard to restrain oneself from the Obris.... except when one looks at one's bank balance and says 'nope'. Then I looked at a Panerai and nearly died at the price..... but swooned anyway. Might grab myself a Vostok for Chrissy.

There are black and white dials too, but this is the one that appeals to me, and if it ever gets back in stock it will be less than $130 delivered.

rju8.jpg

1254074d1382029310-sea-master-sea-gull-not-omega-sea-gull-011.jpg

fgy5.jpg

There are black and white dials too, but this is the one that appeals to me, and if it ever gets back in stock it will be less than $130 delivered.

Yeah, loving the Blue 'SeaGullMaster' too. It's a lot of watch for the money.

Also was the Wuyi that seagullus.com is doing. Beautiful, and half the price of the chinese version. I think it is $200, a steal.

Got some Gillette Black Plats coming in from another forum. $12 for 60 blades delivered.

GTAV en route.

That's all really..I have so many soaps and creams and brushes I don't need or want any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.