Off on holiday - Mamil in Malaysia?

I'll never forget we went into one veggie indian restaurant along Lebuh Penang, and saw a couple of Irish lads there having a big feed of butter "chicken" and other "meat" curries.
They didn't realise, and wouldn't believe they were in a vegetarian restaurant and were eating meat substitutes.

Theres two there now, one is the Veggie one, and closer to China there is another one with meat. We went to the latter.

Same name - Sri Annan or something like that. Good food it was.

Sri Ananda Bahwan - yeah they have a bit of a chain going in Penang and Singapore (hint there is a veggie one in Terminal 2 of Singapore Airport).
We've been to both the vegetarian, and indian restaurants, and been impressed by both.

Good to know - we were very happy with the quality of the food and the pricing - would go there again next trip without issue. I think we walked away for about MYR24 (under $9 Aussie). Since we were obviously tourists they banged down the half banana leaf for us, locals just got the S/S tray. The fact it was literally around the corner from where we were staying was a massive bonus.

We went to Line Clear which was okay but not as good as Sri Ananda. The other half got one prawn and it think it was 26 ringgit alone! Mine was 6 ringgit I think. Total was 48 I think, which to put into perspective is $16 so cheaper than maccas here. The food itself was good but not at the Sri Ananda level.

Kuching was good but I was suffering from the pork I had for Gawai so really wasn't eating that much. Once I get things sorted I will upload some pics of the food.

We tried Line Clear, and I wasn't too impressed either. The food was greasy, the plates and cutlery were greasy, the little alleyway where all the tables are located was filthy with thousands of flies everywhere, and we couldn't find anywhere out of the sun to eat, so it didn't leave the best impression.
I do fancy trying the banana leaf place he went to though as that looked pretty good.

I have pretty much confirmed that Bourdain was doing a repeat run of his earlier Kuching/Sarawak episode as he promised the Iban guy that he would return in 10 years time. And thus he did so, true to his word. Respect.
Really looking forward to that episode, but we will be waiting a while as he is only filming the next season now. Based on his Instagram pictures of the current (just finished) season, it's about 26 weeks after they film them that they go to air. Expecting a November series.

Yeah, Line Clear was a bit of a disappointment. I didn't find it oily but the surroundings were certainly was not as clean as the other places. Concrete slippery with oil etc but not smelly when we were there, and not many cats, no flies. We went early just before the dinner rush, so it wasn't ultra-busy. The curries themselves were nice but the meat was not as tender as I know it can be. Seafood so expensive lah.

That banana leaf place... I think I spotted it on the northern end of Acheh but not sure. (Edit, is is, opposite the Basketball court where Armenian joins it). I didn't go there but I was unsure if it was the place.

Would not bother with ChinaHouse for coffee, it was not quite right and especially when Mugshot was bang on point. ChinaHouse was feeling confused about the type of place it was, trying to be everything to everyone. Mugshot was just awesome coffee and juices, and some cool areas out the back. They sell sunglasses made of bamboo, hence they float. Very cool - talked to they guys behind them and had another coffee with them. Chilled cats they were.

Needed a haircut and shave so even without some soap pifs courtesy of @Monsta_AU which will hopefully be delivered later in the holiday I went in search of son & dad barber shop.
Unfortunately they were booked solid and could not fit me in (not sure if that was true or they thought they would also have to cut babybert's hair too and just didn't fancy it).
Ended up finding an Indian barbers out of the way in one of the suburbs and got my hair cut there for $3 and he didn't do a bad job either! He only had canned goop, and a shavette style razor though so didn't hang around for the shave.