Oil?

No. I tried king of shave oil as a travel item once and it works ok, but gunks up a razor and seems really difficult to rinse off. Especially a cartridge razor it fills the blade gaps and only super hot water shifts it.

No. I tried king of shave oil as a travel item once and it works ok, but gunks up a razor and seems really difficult to rinse off. Especially a cartridge razor it fills the blade gaps and only super hot water shifts it.
No….. what he said above and it’s a waste of time and money.

Just make sure you got plenty of slickness from your shaving soaps or cream, just make sure you’ve got plenty of product when creating a good reasonable amount of lather, it’s the only solution for you you to achieve plenty of good slickness from your soaps in order to achieve the best results throughout your whole shave smoothly and comfortably.

I used to when I was at sea. I used shaving cream in a can and it helped.

With the right soap it's not needed and as already mentioned, it clogs the razor and the sink drain.

Just a drop of essential oil of my choice added to unscented lather. And even here, no more than one drop, otherwise it can gunk up the razor. Less is more...

That's a good point, there were a lot of people here tgat used olive oil. You don't hear of it now
Yes .... @alfredus and @StratMan have been using olive oil as an aftershave (post-shave) method..... I don't think they've ever used olive oil as a pre-shave.

FYI below

Organic Virgin Light Olive Oil (cold pressed) as an aftershave balm is great for the Autumn and Winter seasons so your skin doesn't dry out too soon it's very rich in vitamin E and antioxidants after you have rinsed your face and dried with a towel, wet your hand and put just 3-5 drops of oil. More than this will give you oily skin (and depending on how big your face is) it will not harm, but too much is just too much.

Then wet the other hand and rub the hands together in order to evenly spread the oil in both hands. Now rub and massage your face and neck until you feel they are covered by a very thin layer of oil. Let it absorb for a few minutes (with argan or olive oil it usually takes 3-4 minutes) and apply your favorite aftershave or balm.

Your hands will be oily, of course, and you can remove the oil by washing them with soap.

The best results are obtained with Olive Oil (it is well known ancient Greeks and Romans used this oil as a remedy for skin burns and irritations, as well as for strengthening and soothing muscles which is slower to be absorbed but, in my opinion, leaves a smoother skin.

Olive-Oil-Grades-and-Culinary-Uses.jpg

I don't need the added oils as my pre shave routine does the job and the soaps I use are sufficient by themselves. I typically go for a balm afterwards and find they tend to be a bit on the oily side anyway

dont ask my how/why but I also find balms oily when applying so tend not to use them, but virgin olive oil doesnt leave me oily at all, just soft and supple.. its a killer post shave

Yes .... @alfredus and @StratMan have been using olive oil as an aftershave (post-shave) method..... I don't think they've ever used olive oil as a pre-shave.

FYI below

Organic Virgin Light Olive Oil (cold pressed) as an aftershave balm is great for the Autumn and Winter seasons so your skin doesn't dry out too soon it's very rich in vitamin E and antioxidants after you have rinsed your face and dried with a towel, wet your hand and put just 3-5 drops of oil. More than this will give you oily skin (and depending on how big your face is) it will not harm, but too much is just too much.

Then wet the other hand and rub the hands together in order to evenly spread the oil in both hands. Now rub and massage your face and neck until you feel they are covered by a very thin layer of oil. Let it absorb for a few minutes (with argan or olive oil it usually takes 3-4 minutes) and apply your favorite aftershave or balm.

Your hands will be oily, of course, and you can remove the oil by washing them with soap.

The best results are obtained with Olive Oil (it is well known ancient Greeks and Romans used this oil as a remedy for skin burns and irritations, as well as for strengthening and soothing muscles which is slower to be absorbed but, in my opinion, leaves a smoother skin.

Olive-Oil-Grades-and-Culinary-Uses.jpg

hey Speedy, I have Aloe Vera growing in my backyard and thinking of making some post shave with it, any ideas here?

hey Speedy, I have Aloe Vera growing in my backyard and thinking of making some post shave with it, any ideas here?
Using my aftershave Speedy recipes, you can add Aloe Vera juice into the mix.

T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5) add Aloe Vera

Using my aftershave Speedy recipes, you can add Aloe Vera juice into the mix.

T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5) add Aloe Vera

sounds like work :) I might just open a fresh leaf up and rub it on my face for now, 100% pure aloe vera and see how that goes

sounds like work :) I might just open a fresh leaf up and rub it on my face for now, 100% pure aloe vera and see how that goes
Centuries ago, I used to do the same for cases of sunburn. It's quite good for that, albeit a bit sticky/clammy. Not so sure that I would do this for an aftershave treatment. I'm already reconsidering the use of Thayer's and going back to TND when this bottle is finished for just that reason.

Centuries ago, I used to do the same for cases of sunburn. It's quite good for that, albeit a bit sticky/clammy. Not so sure that I would do this for an aftershave treatment. I'm already reconsidering the use of Thayer's and going back to TND when this bottle is finished for just that reason.
@StratMan just add a very small amount of Aloe Vera, too much can be very sticky and smelly which can clash against any fragrance or cologne is not good.

sunburn relief/repair is exactly why i planted it, not used it on the face yet but will give it a go next shave. I use Thayer's all the time (just forget to add it to my SOTD pics), excellent product and now chemist warehouse stock it.. cheap as chips

sunburn relief/repair is exactly why i planted it, not used it on the face yet but will give it a go next shave. I use Thayer's all the time (just forget to add it to my SOTD pics), excellent product and now chemist warehouse stock it.. cheap as chips
Woolies also sells Thayer's, but, not as cheap as chips compared to the chemist warehouse.