Review Olgallala Bay Rum, Lime and Peppercorn

Ladies and Gents, about a week and a bit ago i was following a thread about the above, but in the Aftershave i think, now i am a bit of a fan of Bay Rum and i had only tried the Col Conk puck. On a whim i decided to buy a puck of the Olgallala Bay Rum, Lime and Peppercorn. Wow, it is a pretty damn good scent. I stole this review template from another post

Packaging

Pretty Basic packaging, stock standard for refill pucks. Nice little cardboard box with the soap wrapped in some kind of wax paper. I would normally grate the puck into a spare container, however, i was able to cram this into an old Proraso tub and it fit pretty well.

Scent

My only other experience of a Bay Rum Scent is Col Conk so i was expecting pretty much the same. Giddy up lads, this scent is pretty damn good. Seems a little more sophisticated that the conk, i can definately smell the Bay Rum, which to me is the dominant scent, i think there is some lime, however, i dont detect any peppercorn.
Maybe they all work together to make it that little bit fancy. Both my wife and daughter use DE Razors on the legs so i use them as a gauge for any new soap i get, both of them pretty much fell for it straight away with my wife promptly saying she is using it next. Must be good as it is predominantly a quite manly scent.

Latherability
My first shave with this i used my Smog 620 and for a hard soap this brush managed to lather this up in no time. It only took about 15 good swirls and i was off and racing. What i did find is that it produced a wonderful thick lather, strangely though it had these really clumpy bits that seems to hang off the brush like grapes, did not affect the lather though, on the skin it was just a fantastic, thick and glossy. Does not need much water.

Shave Performance
For the shave i used my tried and true military KISS method (keep it simple stupid) for trying out something new, Muhle R89 with a new Permasharp blade reduced any bias on the soap performance by introducing too many variables. I did my stock standard work morning shave of two passes, WTG and ATG, and a minor touch up. The lather was good all the way through, nice and slick and provided the cushioning and protection i needed. The blade burned through the hair and the soap definately aided in this. Between passes it was nice and slick on the face with next to no irritation. Compared to my Barometer soap; Shaver Heaven Forbidden Forest it is certainly up there for the shave performance and is probably on par with a Caties Bubbles for me. Gave me close to BBS, certainly a DFS.

Post shave feel

Post shave this feels great, no irritation to speak off, not that i get much anyway. I am still smelling this on my skin a few hours later, definately has some longevity. Actually cant wait to get a hold of the Aftershave now. .

Conclusion, I stated last week that if i did'nt like this soap i would PIF it on. Sory ladies and gents i am keeping this. I will probably also buy the original scent and the accompanying aftershaves as well. Great soap that sits just below Shaver Heaven on future useability. Would recommend this to anyone wanting to either dip their toes into Bay Rum as a first time user or a seasoned Pirate who is yet to try it.

A really great review, I have both the soap and the aftershave and agree wholeheartedly.

I shaved at 0515 this morning, it is now 1155 and i can still smell this on my skin. Fantastic. I will probably shave with this now for the rest of the week to make sure my review has no holes in it.
Faceturbating profusely with this scent. ;)
Just you wait until you pick up the matching splash as well....!!! :p

I just noticed the bayrum, lime and peppercorn soap is out of stock at bayrum.com.au (Was on sale for $15 instead of $29.95) and very limited quantities (1 or 2) of the splash...

I just noticed the bayrum, lime and peppercorn soap is out of stock at bayrum.com.au (Was on sale for $15 instead of $29.95) and very limited quantities (1 or 2) of the splash...
Simple solution is to send a PM to @luckypirate or contact Adam directly through his website. He's a top bloke (and not just because he loves his Bay Rum)!

A puck of Dove soap is more sophisticated than Col Conk!

Good review mate, makes me curious about the soap.
Grab the double strength aftershave cologne if possible ;)
Absolutely wonderful :D

Col Conk is a great soap, might have to pick up another puck, I think shaverhut now do Conk soaps in tubs ready to go. No plastic crap to negotiate.

Col Conk is a great soap, might have to pick up another puck, I think shaverhut now do Conk soaps in tubs ready to go. No plastic crap to negotiate.
You know, if it works for you, I've some Crap Conk Amber pucks that I'd trade.