On Open Letter...

I thought failure at YKW was the price of admission to P&C?

Failure to take it too seriously! Yes I failed. Big time.

It's practically the only way you can SURVIVE.

Fixed

Hope you don't mind the occasional "Like' but…as I had to "like" that last one. Well said mate!......

Likes are all right I just don't use them at all. The only time I use them is so that I can immediately use the unlike button as in the case with the ARKO!!! hating posts. An impotent gesture but gives a certain amount of satisfaction. In addition to likes I really wished we could have stand alone dislike, is OK, sort of like and could do better functions. That way we would not have to post any words at all. Just post a thread with a few words and then have a myriad of responses in the same post. Shit I might market this idea.

......I mean for fuqsake I just like a brush that doesn't scratch the first four layers off my epidermis and makes a lather and releases said lather where I want it. Everything else is either hipster fluff or yank wank.

You sound like a kind of guy that suffers from "brush burn".

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes are all right I just don't use them at all. The only time I use them is so that I can immediately use the unlike button as in the case with the ARKO!!! hating posts.
Someone has to balance out the unfettered fanboyism on this site. I mean even those who recognise the merits of actual deserving equipment - let's use the most excellent Weber razor as a random example - don't deign to suffix it with exclamation marks. I mean c'mon. [hypocrisy mode OFF]

An impotent gesture but gives a certain amount of satisfaction. In addition to likes I really wished we could have stand alone dislike, is OK, sort of like and could do better functions. That way we would not have to post any words at all. Just post a thread with a few words and then have a myriad of responses in the same post. Shit I might market this idea.
You should mate. Make it like a long running 'book' with 'faces' in it. Then folks can regale us with updates on their every movement - and I mean every 'movement' - and we can play Nero on it all. I mean you all genuinely care that
10:15 - 'I'm off to the shops'
10:42 - 'Buying coffee from this kiosk. So quaint'
10:44 - 'No Free Trade beans here. :sigh:'
10:48 - 'Wi-Fis so slooooow in here :agro:'
10:55 - 'I so hate hipsters'
10:57 - 'Hmmmpphh. Bored'

BTW - If it's too subtle I just can't stand this narcissistic Gen-Y phenomenon !!!!!!!

You sound like a kind of guy that suffers from "brush burn".
I'm thinking I might - oddly it seems to only affect my cheeks - doesn't seem to affect my face at all. ….Sorry couldn't help it! Seriously though just the cheek region not chin, neck, upper lip, etc. and only really if I use a badger daily - or twice in a row. Been doing some digging and I've heard that it's not always generalised to 'badger' for example, but can be a personal issue with pure or silver tips. I don't know makes me sound like a pussy so I reckon I'll just suck it up and start using an echidna brush!

Last edited:
....I'm thinking I might - oddly it seems to only affect my cheeks - doesn't seem to affect my face at all. ….Sorry couldn't help it! Seriously though just the cheek region not chin, neck, upper lip, etc. and only really if I use a badger daily - or twice in a row. Been doing some digging and I've heard that it's not always generalised to 'badger' for example, but can be a personal issue with pure or silver tips. I don't know makes me sound like a pussy so I reckon I'll just suck it up and start using an echidna brush!

To be honest I've never really understood the brush burn thing. Is it something that flares up while your lathering or does it feel bad after the shave?

Dude should try ARKO!. Make some proper lather ;)

Well that of course is the solution. If your skin feels bad after rubbing a brush over it how does it feel after using a razor sharp blade two or three times? And how can you tell which process is causing the problem?

To be honest I've never really understood the brush burn thing. Is it something that flares up while your lathering or does it feel bad after the shave?

It's new thing YKW. You douse your high-as cocaine mountain white badger brush in meths, set fire to it, to make sure it's absolutely dry for next use.

Spreadsheets temperature record keeping is optional, but usually required if you want to be taken seriously.

I don't know what the hell's wrong with my head. Might not be razor or brush burn - or might be a little from Column A and a little from Column B. Just a feeling that visits my face after shaving. Not all over just in some spots - cheeks mainly and not always both…yeah could just be bad angle in the same spot…or that my meds are wearing off and this is a manifestation of my localising psychosis.

Ah ha, think I found the shaving kit to reduce irritation. Phew, relief is at hand.

Last edited:
I don't know what the hell's wrong with my head. Might not be razor or brush burn - or might be a little from Column A and a little from Column B. Just a feeling that visits my face after shaving. Not all over just in some spots - cheeks mainly and not always both…yeah could just be bad angle in the same spot…or that my meds are wearing off and this is a manifestation of my localising psychosis.

Ah ha, think I found the shaving kit to reduce irritation. Phew, relief is at hand.

I thought PJ had bought up all those sets years ago!!

Could be any one of a number of things SH. I had to give up on my preferred cheapie cream, Godrej, because it started causing me a burning sensation. It was fine for three or four tubes before this happened funnily enough.

Does your post shave sting? I don't get any sting from alum or my alcohol splashes unless I've buggered up.

Hopefully you nut it out...

'Just like dad ! Parallel play and role playing fun.'

[Sigh] but it is clearly a cart (and about as effective) - at least it has a brush!

I had no idea you were also a B&B cast off. Mind you an avatar picture like that shouldn't be allowed anywhere.
Oh no I'm not a B&B survivor.
I'm just realising that by this forums standard, I would fail at being a member there.
The V2 is from an old forum I was on in Darwin when I lived there and I forgot my password, was simply Jug, and had to create a new persona. Jug2.0 was taken, hence V2 was born.