One Razor to Kazakhstan

Ybbor

The hypothetical one razor situation has now occurred. January I will move to a new country! Need to minimise the shave den. This leaves me in a bind.... Which razor haha.

This is the collection minus a Ss

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416039412.779236.jpg

Someone likes their Futur!

My advice- leave the vision behind...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the futur and 38c are the two I wanted redundancy on.
Where does the Weber stand in relation to these two?

Weber is more aggressive. Although the futur I use at either 1 or 1.5. I love it's top cap blade change feature. The 38c is so safe to use. Whip it around.

Interesting. I find it a bit fiddly compared to the usual screw down. But we're all different!

Does size matter? The Weber is a three piece which is handy. I do not personally like the 38C as a two piece.

What you could do (if you have a few 3 piece razors) is take a few heads and the best handle for you.

What your straights ybbor? Leave the lot behind [emoji2]

I would recommend you get an R41 for the move. That way, you can shave with it and also have a handy weapon if need be.

I would recommend you get an R41 for the move. That way, you can shave with it and also have a handy weapon if need be.

Also, with a constantly bloodied and scarred face, any marauding Mongol warriors will think twice about attacking you.

Last edited:
You seriously own THREE Futur's? Hmmmm maybe I shouldn't have passed that recent one up at $50 delivered as there must be something pretty good about them!

Ummm well I'd take an adjustable - essentially thats several razors in one. I'm assuming you're a fan of the aforementioned Solingen product, so one of those is the logical choice IMHO.

I nick, yes I don't dare travel with straights. I love my straights but I now get a better shave with 38c and webber. I often wonder about a little barbers hone, I use sharptons and they are quite big stones.

You seriously own THREE Futur's? Hmmmm maybe I shouldn't have passed that recent one up at $50 delivered as there must be something pretty good about them!

Ummm well I'd take an adjustable - essentially thats several razors in one. I'm assuming you're a fan of the aforementioned Solingen product, so one of those is the logical choice IMHO.

Yeah until recently the futurs were the best shave I have ever had. The 38c/m managed to edge them out. The weber however is quickly edging out the 38's. I have found that the futur can make any blade a pretty good shaver.

I think you will find blades in Kazakhstan that will challenge that hypothesis.

Oil or mining?

Why are you limited to just one? You could take one handle and a couple of heads for not much extra space.

Are you going to hang on to the rest for the future or sell them all off?

I nick, yes I don't dare travel with straights. I love my straights but I now get a better shave with 38c and webber. I often wonder about a little barbers hone, I use sharptons and they are quite big stones.

I'm also thinking of a barbers hone. A pasted strop goes a fair way but I think a little hone would keep it going indefinitely.

Off to start a very large copper mine in the cold! Haha
What's your profession @Ybbor? I'm a former geologist in another life. Moved on to other things now (isn't that true for most geo's?!?).

Ah sweet. I'm a mine engineer but more management now. But this job is going back to real engineering :). Half scared half fascinated to see what it's like.