P&C Census: How many razors do you own?

How many razors do you currently own?

• Total voters

Nick the Knife

Krill Enabler
Grand Society
Folks,

Quick and simple, through a series of similar polls I hope to shed light, raise discussion & pull back the curtains on the items members of P&C have.

For the razor section of this the only clarifications are:
  • For this poll an acceptable 'razor' is defined as a safety razor(DE), SE, straight or shavette.
  • Unacceptable razors are cartridge systems, electric razors etc
  • This is NOT talking about blades but rather the razors themselves e.g Merkur 34c, Gillette Tech.
  • The razor must be in usable condition - so whilst it may not be in your rotation as it's a collectors item if desired you COULD whip it out for a quick 3 pass BBS (so nothing broken or out of order)
  • A separate razor head is classified as a razor in it's own right e.g you might ONLY own a Weber DLC head which you use on another razor's handle.
  • To be eligible you must be the legal owner of the razor e.g. a just ordered razor thats still in the post/transit to you IS ACCEPTABLE - whereas a loan razor from a pal thats in your bathroom IS NOT.
So how many do you have?

11-20 total, but not all are used.

Main rotation is 4:
  • Fatboy
  • Slim
  • DE86
  • Pureman OC Proto
The rest are collectable or standby - eg I have an extra Fatboy & Slim I may replate in future, but they aren't even in the bathroom.

Folks,

Quick and simple, through a series of similar polls I hope to shed light, raise discussion & pull back the curtains on the items members of P&C have.

For the razor section of this the only clarifications are:
  • For this poll an acceptable 'razor' is defined as a safety razor(DE), SE, straight or shavette.
  • Unacceptable razors are cartridge systems, electric razors etc
  • This is NOT talking about blades but rather the razors themselves e.g Merkur 34c, Gillette Tech.
  • The razor must be in usable condition - so whilst it may not be in your rotation as it's a collectors item if desired you COULD whip it out for a quick 3 pass BBS (so nothing broken or out of order)
  • A separate razor head is classified as a razor in it's own right e.g you might ONLY own a Weber DLC head which you use on another razor's handle.
  • To be eligible you must be the legal owner of the razor e.g. a just ordered razor thats still in the post/transit to you IS ACCEPTABLE - whereas a loan razor from a pal thats in your bathroom IS NOT.
So how many do you have?
See response to previous poll.

It will take @Mark1966 a week to list all his.
A week?!? That's optimistic. Try at least a month.
I don't think he knows how many he had and he keeps finding boxes of razors that he's never opened before...

A week?!? That's optimistic. Try at least a month.
I don't think he knows how many he had and he keeps finding boxes of razors that he's never opened before...
He does sometimes make his abode sound a tad Wonka-esque, e.g you open a cupboard and staring back at you there's this huge table full of tiny worker men carefuly working their way through polishing a huge pile of vintage razors that every few minutes grows larger as they fall from a huge shute above, go to make a cup of coffee and open the jar and out spills several double rings and a handful of other rare razors! He needs to team up with the good folks at Proraso or similar and get a Golden Ticket promo underway to visit the wonderful world that is his RazorEmporium. Lets make this happen!

Yeah, OK, so you all know my answer ...

As much as I'd love to deny the last two comments I was cleaning the garage earlier this week and picked up a box. I thought it was an empty box but it was heavier than that.

This was inside -

A really nice Richwood, pity I didn't know I had it when I was showing you the collection @filobiblic ...

I'm sure that there are no more though!

Last edited:

As much as I'd love to deny the last two comments I was cleaning the garage earlier this week and picked up a box. I thought it was an empty box but it was heavier than that.

This was inside -

A really nice Richwood, pity I didn't know I had it when I was showing you the collection @filobiblic ...

Always loved the Richmond and the wooden box it comes in. Being an OC I probably wouldn't touch it with a barge pole but together with the ABC razors, the most attractive looking sets that Gillette ever produced if you ask me.

I have a bunch, but only because I want to try a bunch. I plan on selling the ones that I don't use or enjoy.

Modern razors:
Merkur 34c
EJ DE89 lined
Ikon 101
Weber PH (in post)
Merkur 41 (in post)
Wilkie classic

I also have a Gillette New Long Comb that I use every now and then, but it makes my face angry if I use it daily for too long.

Plus some old ones I don't shave with (yet).

On my wishlist:
37C slant
Ikon 102 slant
Muhle r41
Merkur progress

Always loved the Richmond and the wooden box it comes in. Being an OC I probably wouldn't touch it with a barge pole but together with the ABC razors, the most attractive looking sets that Gillette ever produced if you ask me.
I agree that it's a beautiful razor @Mark1966
Certainly a ripper!

Ok, how about I estimate that you have 200-300 razors and about half are in boxes/sealed.
(I counted 43 alone in your bathroom display cabinet...[emoji11])

It certainly is an AMAZING collection that you have @Mark1966

This was inside -

That original wooden case with razor and blades seated perfectly (not just moulded plastic casing) is craftsmanship you just don't see today. If you start your own museum, that is almost worth the price of admission alone.

I have about 15-20 DEs and 2 Str8 razors.
About a third of the DE's are vintages "found in the wild" that don't get much time but also aren't worth much (Techs, travel, Rocket, etc).

Ok, how about I estimate that you have 200-300 razors and about half are in boxes/sealed.
(I counted 43 alone in your bathroom display cabinet...[emoji11])

It certainly is an AMAZING collection that you have @Mark1966

Thanks mate, that estimate is about right I think. I think that the last category was set too low personally ...

I think I have 21-40 DE razors, but 4 or 5 get used on a regular basis. Looking at thinning out the stock.

21-40
About half DE, half str8's

@Mark1966 I note the price of $5 on the box, lets say $15 with post and for conversion from USD to AUD ?

Between 10 and 20. Only 5 see any real use though, the rest are either boxed and put away or live on a shelf gathering dust.

21-40
About half DE, half str8's

@Mark1966 I note the price of $5 on the box, lets say $15 with post and for conversion from USD to AUD ?

Umm, let me think about that :)

Umm, let me think about that :)
I've been informed in no uncertain terms that I need to be more positive this year... so cash or trade ?