P&C Census: How many shaving brushes do you own?

How many shaving brushes do you current own?

• 41 & beyond - From the lowest boar to manchurian mountain white you MUST have them all!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nick the Knife

Krill Enabler
Grand Society
Folks,

Quick and simple, through a series of similar polls I hope to shed light, raise discussion & pull back the curtains on the items members of P&C have.

For the brush section of this the only clarifications are:
  • The shaving brush must be in usable condition - so whilst it may not be in your rotation as it's a collectors item if desired you COULD whip it out for a quick 3 pass BBS (so nothing broken or out of order)
  • It must be a full brush (handle with knot in it) - separate knots or handles do NOT count
  • To be eligible you must be the legal owner of the brush e.g. a just ordered brush thats still in the post/transit to you IS ACCEPTABLE - whereas a loan brush from a pal thats in your bathroom IS NOT.
So how many do you have?

Less than 10, with 2 in main rotation (Vulfix #374 & Smoggie 730HD).

The Muhle pure Badger & Kent VS10 get the occaisional run.

Smoggie 830 has been consigned to the cupboard for forever!

Jesus Nick. Stop this! I'm having to dive in to my cupboard and count stuff all the time. And my only conclusion is that I'm starting to agree with my families opinion that I'm stark raving mad.

I own 7. Most are re-knots and there's one that has a permanent place as a travel brush. I use all of them regularly.

I don't collect brushes you know ....

(that means only 11 - 20)

Last edited:
I have 2 badgers, 3 boars, 1 horse and 1 synth. So 7.

8 brushes: 2 badgers, 2 piggies, 4 synths.

About 15 and where does all this stuff come from/hide ?

7 - One for each day of the week:
3 badger, 2 boar, 2 synthetics.

7 - 6 badgers 3/3 bulb/fan and one boar. Each gets used regularly and almost all have have reached unimaginable performance levels because of it.

7 - 6 badgers 3/3 bulb/fan and one boar. Each gets used regularly and almost all have have reached unimaginable performance levels because of it.
I'd perform too with the amount of pampering they get! [emoji13]

I'd perform too with the amount of pampering they get! [emoji13]

So the lesson is don't skip the forplay? [emoji41]

Joking aside I use da Vinci brush after each use and the hair becomes softer, more flexible and rids it of soap scum /hard water deposits. Basically rinse my brush under running water. 3 swirls on the cleaning puck. Build a lather for 10 seconds and repeat the rinse and wallah brush is squeaky clean and feels amazing.

abb63e9c10b53e20acf0234dfab84278.jpg

So the lesson is don't skip the forplay? [emoji41]

Joking aside I use da Vinci brush after each use and the hair becomes softer, more flexible and rids it of soap scum /hard water deposits. Basically rinse my brush under running water. 3 swirls on the cleaning puck. Build a lather for 10 seconds and repeat the rinse and wallah brush is squeaky clean and feels amazing.

abb63e9c10b53e20acf0234dfab84278.jpg
Would it be the same as simply cleaning your brush with water and detergent?
Or does it add something to the hair (like a wax, fat, conditioner)?

I believe it adds a conditioner because bristles feel softer /smoother.
With that kind of love I'm sure your natural-hair brushes will last longer than ours! [emoji6]

Every few months I will give mine a weak shampoo and condition with the B-grade human stuff that SWMBO won't lower herself to use. Only takes a few mins for the whole rotation.

SHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys will you shut up!

My brushes are feeling unloved :(