P160

JugV2

Simply boring.
I understand this stuff is pretty rare these days, is that the case?

I found 1k packs over at ItalianBarber

Is this stuff worth getting?

I have enough Cella to last me a long time, do I need to buy this?

I'm not looking for fuel for my disorder, I am trying to ascertain whether I should get some while it is available or not.

Thoughts fellas?

If anyone wants to go in for a block, I'd probably jump on it.

FREIGHT. For the love of TOBS, freight is ridiculous from this site.

$34.95 for a 1KG item.

Makes it really unattractive to buy from there.

Last edited:
Rare in that all that's left is what e-tailers have in stock. Once they've sold out, it's all over.

Is it worth getting? Yes. At those prices? No. I could have got it from the Dutch site for about $75 posted. AFAIK, these are probably the only two sites left who have any. The dutch site do have samples, but their min post rate is still 17 Euro. For a 7 Euro 200g sample, that's a poor buy.

It's nice, but personally I think it doesn't have much, if anything on Cella.

Last edited:
So probably best to wistfully watch it walk past, I think, and not worry about it again.

So probably best to wistfully watch it walk past, I think, and not worry about it again.

It's a nice soap, shame it's gone, but I think Cella is more than adequate subby. All I can discern between them is flavour. There's been masses of hype about P160, largely created by its demise. There's nothing a man covets more than something he can't have.

Exhibit B: Floid AS (Italian), been selling for generations, all of a sudden it's canned and B&B 'gentlemen' go on a buying frenzy in droves, to get hold of a (400ml!) bottle or 4, gobbling it all up before anyone else can get a look in. Then, a few weeks later a swag of them turn up FS on BST forum, probably at RRP with vastly inflated postage charges.

There's been masses of hype about P160, largely created by its demise. There's nothing a man covets more than something he can't have.

I suspected as much; this is why I asked the question.

More than happy with the Cella to be honest.

Not to mention the pile of numerous other soaps I haven't used much of.

I suspected as much; this is why I asked the question.

More than happy with the Cella to be honest.

Not to mention the pile of numerous other soaps I haven't used much of.

You're welcome to a snurdle of P160 to assuage your curiosity...

... for $20 postage. Cheapest in the world!

You're welcome to a snurdle of P160 to assuage your curiosity...

... for $20 postage. Cheapest in the world!

Haha a snurdle?

Your freight is very reasonable sir.

Meh, why try it and risk loving it when it's so expensive and rare.

It's only an Italian soft soap. By the way, do Cella do anything that doesn't stink of marzipan? I like the Crema di Sapona del Barbera Fantastico Dellisioso but marzipan has always made me want to chunder. I'm almost out of my birds turds of Cella and wonder if I should just buy a tub and continue to chunder while I shave or maybe look for an alternative. No rush. I've got two years worth of soaps and creams to get through before I'm truly desperate. And then there's always the trusted Fauldings to fall back on. And those sticks of Mennen/Palmolive or Lea I've hidden away pretending they're not there.

Last edited:
You think Cella stinks of marzipan? P160 would be like falling in a vat in a marzipan factory. Despite a previous distaste of almond, I like the cella, don't find it sweet or overpowering.

You could try the Valobra stick. Has tallow, stinks like a Filipino chambermaids armpit, or from just years of resting in cheap hotel bathrooms.

If you like the Cella performance you could always leave it in an open tub to descentify.

You think Cella stinks of marzipan? P160 would be like falling in a vat in a marzipan factory. Despite a previous distaste of almond, I like the cella, don't find it sweet or overpowering.

You could try the Valobra stick. Has tallow, stinks like a Filipino chambermaids armpit, or from just years of resting in cheap hotel bathrooms.

If you like the Cella performance you could always leave it in an open tub to descentify.

I don't mind it really. It's not too bad. It does perform very well. So the dumb arsed Italian barbers made everything stink of almonds. What's that all about. Why not hazelnut or spag bog or a coriander based risotto. I've got the Valobra. It's the same thing. Sort of turn my nose up for a second and then everything's OK.

I don't mind it really. It's not too bad. It does perform very well. So the dumb arsed Italian barbers made everything stink of almonds. What's that all about. Why not hazelnut or spag bog or a coriander based risotto. I've got the Valobra. It's the same thing. Sort of turn my nose up for a second and then everything's OK.

I have some Valobra and I have left it in a ramikin on the bench. I can barely smell it now, even when lathering or shaving.

I took the plunge and got a 1kg brick on the basis that if I didn't like it I could sell, if I did I would have enough to use andd if I didn't try it I would always be wondering.

I got Italian Barber to ship by surface (sea). They indicated that deliver with this service takes 5-6 weeks, but it actually took just over two months. I'd just contacted Joe and he lodged a trace with Canada Post then it turned up the next day. Costs for surface lower than airfreight:

2kg by surface - $30
1kg by surface - $20
less than 1kg by surface - $16

Still not really cheap.

I'm yet to try it. I want to clear some other soaps BEFORE I open another.

Mate, that's some hefty sea postage -- I think they're adding some cream to the price there. They'll probably send a prepay package so you can't check, but I'd be surprised if such postage would be more than $10.

Mate, that's some hefty sea postage -- I think they're adding some cream to the price there. They'll probably send a prepay package so you can't check, but I'd be surprised if such postage would be more than $10.

Actually if you go to the Canada Post website you will see that it is not too bad. 1kg = $16, just over is $23 and I presume with packing it would be just over 1kg.

Canada Post is well known to be slow, subject to 'loss', and expensive! Of course they are currently in contract dispute to there is NO postage at all currently.

BTW - Italian Barber has Tipo Morbido, does anybody have the Tipo Duro available? Is there that much of a difference?

While I think of it, does anybody else think that Cella looks and smells like Perkins Paste?

Last edited:
BTW - Italian Barber has Tipo Morbido, does anybody have the Tipo Duro available? Is there that much of a difference?

While I think of it, does anybody else think that Cella looks and smells like Perkins Paste?

The Duro is firmer, the Morbido softer. I believe they're zackly the same otherwise.

Reports of Cella's scent range from Almond to play doh, to fresh bird turd...

The Duro is firmer, the Morbido softer. I believe they're zackly the same otherwise.

So I beleive but I've not heard any first hand reports nor is the Duro available anywhere AFAIK.

Reports of Cella's scent range from Almond to play doh, to fresh bird turd...

Definitely in the almond/marzipan area which is the scent used in play doh and Perkins Paste - a childhood memory in the little pink container from school.....

I do have some Duro available. It's no different apart from being firmer. Same smell, same performance.

I think the Morbido is easier to load, in fact it's almost a little too easy to load.

It's only an Italian soft soap. By the way, do Cella do anything that doesn't stink of marzipan?

Cella has no marzipan scent only a traditional almond scent.
P.160 on the other hand has a very strong, pronounced sweet marzipan scent and a base scent of almond.

I think you might be confusing almond scent with marzipan.

The three major Italian soaps, Cella, Valobra and P.160 all share in comon an almond scent.

Many Italian cakes, biscuits, sweets, deserts also feature almonds in the recipe. - bella !

.......Many Italian cakes, biscuits, sweets, deserts also feature almonds in the recipe. - bella !

I know. They're obsessed with the stuff. The principle ingredient of marzipan is almond and the scent I don't think is that different, just a hell of a lot stronger. I like almonds nuts a lot but throw them in a cake, biscuit or shaving soap and it becomes a bit sickly. In marzipan it becomes over poweringly sickly.

Used this soap last night.
Jesus it's easy to lather compared to MWF!
I had the nicest, slickest lather I think I've ever had. My only fear is that this stuff is rare and I will run out :O