PAA soaps to be available at Shaver Heaven

Anthony

Trusted Vendor
Menth Dealer
Hi all,

Just a quick one to let you all know that the Phoenix has landed down under and I will be offering a small selections of their soaps up on my website in a few hours.

Unfortunately I only have a limited supply so I'm fairly sure they will sell out quickly.

I'm tempted to keep one of each for myself. Lol.

This has me torn between gratitude for going to the effort to stock these and frustrated that you're stocking a tainted brand, particularly considering your product at minimum, holds it's own against their product, service and integrity.

Got to remember Pheonix is still an amazing soap. Politics aside it would have to be one of the best soaps i have used. I may not like Mr Smyth and i may be lining the pockets of someone alot of people despise. However in return im getting one of the best artisan soaps in the world. Big call but the majority of the wet shaving community would agree.

This may help fill in some gaps or misconceptions.... I'm drama free Gents. I owe a lot to Douglas and Frances from PAA.
I prefer not to get caught up in it all.. but respect everyones opinions :)

Thanks for the support guys! As always its much appreciated!

10+% through the video and no-one has said anything vaguely meaningful, shaving related or humourous - someone needs to have an intervention with the moron dressed like Captain Stubing from the Love Boat to break it to him that he's simply not funny - incredibly painful to watch! Absolutely asinine nonsense coming out of his mouth thus far but I shall give it a tad longer.

Funny thing is I had no preconceptions about the guy (I'd heard about the issues but figured there was two sides to things) but gawd he knows how to come across as a prat. Perhaps it's just an unintended consequence of being a 'creative' but ya gotta know when you're NOT funny and wind in the gags - as he's not.

And bugger me it's an interview so why did the jackass who made it feel the need to mux a background music track in!? Gotta abandon it - too painful to watch and the actual insightfulness of the questioning is dreadful - feels like a canned infomercial.

Last edited:
Agreed NtK - painful few minutes lost there

@Anthony do you have any shaver heaven soaps yet, made with essential oils only, no fragrance?

Hey guys! PAA soaps are now up on the site. If you're looking at grabbing some, be quick as I only have limited numbers!
Thanks guys!

@alfredus Most of my soaps are using either a blend of both Fragrance and Essential, however, I am yet to make one with fully essential oil.
I can let you guys know as soon as I do one, as I have a whole heap of new soaps coming out soon!

@Anthony whats the scent difference between club guy and CAD being they are both barbershop scent?

I believe that Club Guy is a Pinaud Clubman matched scent based on the name.

When someone says "Barbershop Scent", what classic aftershave immediately comes to mind? Yup, that's the one!

The CAD refers to:

For some of us this classic American barbershop scent will remind us of our first shaving cream, maybe the very one dad stuck in our hand (the cream in a can I refer to shall go un-named). It has a unique, fresh, clean smell.

Haven't worked this one out yet... working on it. I was thinking along the lines of Barbasol (ie in an aerosol can) but it doesn't fit the name.

The CAD was formerly sold as BarberSoul (a not so subtle copy of the Barbasol canned stuff), while the company was called HTGAM. This was then changed to Barber Pole after I believe they were approached from legal types. Finally, so the story goes, Douglas/HTGAM/Phoenix were issued a 'cease and desist' letter from the Barbasol mob, abbreviated to CAD.

Hey guys! PAA soaps are now up on the site. If you're looking at grabbing some, be quick as I only have limited numbers!
Thanks guys!

@alfredus Most of my soaps are using either a blend of both Fragrance and Essential, however, I am yet to make one with fully essential oil.
I can let you guys know as soon as I do one, as I have a whole heap of new soaps coming out soon!
Would love to finally try your soap so please hurry with a pure EO version...

Cavendish, and Shaver and Heaven Honey Ale (the Stallion raved about this scent) are on their way :)

Why does it have to be pure EO?
Short answer: my sensitive skin does not like everything (menthol, alcohol, almond,...), fragrance is known to cause issues (not always, but sometimes), there are enough fantastic soaps out there that do not use fragrance...no need for me to risk it.

@alfredus , far be it for me to tell you what works best on your skin but perhaps @Anthony or other vendors can clarify that they use SPECIFIC soap making fragrances only. Generally the better fragrance oils that are specifically made for soap making will be much more dermatologically friendly (as well as less likely to 'seize' a soap batch - which is where they react and make it go unusable!).

The vast majority of EO's are actually not things you'd want on your or anyone elses skin and somewhat counterintuitively fragrance oils are the only way for many people to experience/utilise a lot of different scents WITHOUT copping a nasty skin reaction from the product e.g cinnamon is one that springs to mind and there are many others.

I think a lot of vendors use cheaper fragrance oils that aren't 100% soap making specific/skin tested and these would be more likely to cause skin conditions. Please forgive me in advance if you're already across all this. :)

Problen with synthetics is they're an unknown artificial compound that the average punter has nfi of the chemical makeup.