Knot: Select Badger
Diameter: 28mm
Loft: 54.5mm
Free Loft: 51mm
Handle: 70mm
Style: Double Beaded Polo
Material: Krakatoa (acrylic resin)

Original Order Page:
McInroy Legacy #1 Polo 28 mm Krakatoa - price $US260 ( I purchased second hand)

The Pictures:
The original Paladin pics are much better than mine -

The History:
Why the McInroy Legacy Series? It seems that Frank and Lynne McInroy were instrumental in assisting the famous Lee Sabini when he took over R.A. Rooney and Sons. Essentially it seems that he created the handles.

You can read Part 1 and Part 2 of a supposed three part series on the Paladin Brush site for more information. There is also a little back and forth with Brad from Brad Sears Shave Works who now collaborates with Lee Sabini on the Morris & Forndran range in a thread on TSN here. The collaboration with Lee doing the knots on the M&F and Brad doing the handles seeming to reinforce the role of Frank and Lynne McInroy before retirement.

The Performance:
I'm usually a 'load it in the tub and lather it on your face guy'. I have to say that my first couple of uses of this brush using that method were, to be honest, so so. What is @alfredus going on about with these Paladin brushes I thought!

I figured for my second attempts this weekend I would do it right. Grabbed the P&C Charity Auction lather bowl and went to work . The results -

Would have to be some of the best lather I've ever created, and could undoubtedly improve further with a little more work.

This is definitely a bowl lather brush IMHO - but the results are spectacular when you do!

Definitely grab yourself a Paladin if you get the chance (to add to your @Tony Forsyth, @TroyTools, Blue Devil and Rhodium Knots collection!)

Last edited:
The Specifications:
Knot: Select Badger
Diameter: 28mm
Loft: 54.5mm
Free Loft: 51mm
Handle: 70mm
Style: Double Beaded Polo
Material: Krakatoa (acrylic resin)

Original Order Page:
McInroy Legacy #1 Polo 28 mm Krakatoa - price $US260 ( I purchased second hand)

The Pictures:
The original Paladin pics are much better than mine -

The History:
Why the McInroy Legacy Series? It seems that Frank and Lynne McInroy were instrumental in assisting the famous Lee Sabini when he took over R.A. Rooney and Sons. Essentially it seems that he created the handles.

You can read Part 1 and Part 2 of a supposed three part series on the Paladin Brush site for more information. There is also a little back and forth with Brad from Brad Sears Shave Works who now collaborates with Lee Sabini on the Morris & Forndran range in a thread on TSN here. The collaboration with Lee doing the knots on the M&F and Brad doing the handles seeming to reinforce the role of Frank and Lynne McInroy before retirement.

The Performance:
I'm usually a 'load it in the tub and lather it on your face guy'. I have to say that my first couple of uses of this brush using that method were, to be honest, so so. What is @alfredus going on about with these Paladin brushes I thought!

I figured for my second attempts this weekend I would do it right. Grabbed the P&C Charity Auction lather bowl and went to work . The results -

Would have to be some of the best lather I've ever created, and could undoubtedly improve further with a little more work.

This is definitely a bowl lather brush IMHO - but the results are spectacular when you do!

Definitely grab yourself a Paladin if you get the chance (to add to your @Tony Forsyth, @TroyTools, Blue Devil and Rhodium Knots collection!)
Great review, and a wonderful brush! Nice work, Agent 66.

nice review @Mark1966 and congrats on a truly beautiful looking brush

I didnt know there was such a thing as a brush that only performs in a lather bowl? u sure u didnt have one to many that night :p

if this is actually a thing, I might revisit some of my brushes using a bowl.. i only face lather and wonder if I am missing out on something

I didnt know there was such a thing as a brush that only performs in a lather bowl? u sure u didnt have one to many that night :p

if this is actually a thing, I might revisit some of my brushes using a bowl.. i only face lather and wonder if I am missing out on something

I'm certainly going to be testing some of my other 'premium' brushes (the ones I use on weekends) in a bowl. While it was more effort the results were certainly worth it with this brush.

Could I master it face lathering? Maybe

Does it work brilliantly in a bowl? Certainly!

I don't know if it's the brush, but I definitely find some soaps work better when lathered in a bowl, though not necessarily all the way. I tend to add the last drops of water directly to the brush to get the slickness just right. Most of my hard soaps are fine with a face lather, but Stirling in particular works best for me in a bowl.

@Mark1966 I have to thank you for bravely taking one for the P&C community.

I’ve been on the receiving end of some wifely nagging because I bought 3 Oumo Lotus Tip brushes. Oh, and a couple of nice Yaqi brushes too. And a Maseto Himalayan.

I’ve shown her the price of your outrageously extravagant Paladin, and she’s now forgiven me (y)

And bless her, she also thinks that my small collection is “prettier”. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

@Mark1966 I have to thank you for bravely taking one for the P&C community.

I’ve been on the receiving end of some wifely nagging because I bought 3 Oumo Lotus Tip brushes. Oh, and a couple of nice Yaqi brushes too. And a Maseto Himalayan.

I’ve shown her the price of your outrageously extravagant Paladin, and she’s now forgiven me (y)

And bless her, she also thinks that my small collection is “prettier”. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Well I didn't say that I paid $US260 BUT - you are welcome!

Count yourself a fortunate man then, my wife just doesn't understand the objective beauty of a well-formed shaving brush. On the rare occasions she cares to invade my den, she likes to hide them all in the cupboard under the washbasin, saying they're not as attractive to anyone else as they are to me. Philistine. :rolleyes: Such an attitude is a stretch to the bonds of acrimatrimony, but somehow we've managed to rub along for 32 years.

I don't know if it's the brush, but I definitely find some soaps work better when lathered in a bowl, though not necessarily all the way. I tend to add the last drops of water directly to the brush to get the slickness just right. Most of my hard soaps are fine with a face lather, but Stirling in particular works best for me in a bowl.

thanks for the info, i'll keep this in mind with soaps I find harder to lather