Paypal Problem

Esteemed members, its a beautiful night here in Townsville Paradise, the neighbours are pissed on both sides, i am having a couple of galapa's myself, anyway, paypal is telling me that my account is limited and i need to provide proof in the form of a Drivers License and address. Anyone know what the go is with this. I initially got an email and thought "scam" however, when i logged into Paypal main it was also there as well.
Any ideas,
Bottoms up.

@Anthony Hunter.
Doesn't smell right. Paypal has never asked me for drivers license and address. How did you log into Paypal? Via link attached to email or entered Paypal directly into URL or search engine.
I'd be trying to contact Paypal directly to verify.
Hope you can get to bottom of it.
Good luck.

yeah I'd clear your browser history - including cookies, cache, etc. - restart and then log into paypal.com.au. See if that dialogue comes up again.
I have had to confirm my phone number again fairly recently with PayPal, but not driver licence etc....

Contacted them, waiting for a reply, the weird this is, it is in my notifications on the main Paypal site. Went to buy something using my normal Paypal Channel and would not let me do it.
Will let you all know the outcome when i get it.