Possible AU-based designer/seller of new DE Razors

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
I have had some news from a local vendor that is trying to get their own DE Razor design tested and manufactured that they are looking to send Paste & Cut a range of their designs for review and test by members.

This is an amazing opportunity for us as a forum, so hopefully we will see the major reviews sometime this month and be able to send them around as the next travelling box, hopefully starting that round off before October.

The razors slated for testing are:
  • Closed Comb
  • Open Comb
  • a TTO unit.

Keep an eye out on the articles page and hopefully we will be able to bring this vendor onboard with us shortly.

That's fantastic news. I would also be up for testing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Always good to encourage local enterprise, this sounds great. I'd love to get in on this if I can.

Aussie made is a big deal for me, looking forward to whatever they make. Crossing fingers for an adjustable.

An adjustable would be great, but they really need to get the base design sorted first.

Once that is done, your can adjust the comb/bar up and down. So not yet is the general idea for now.

Sounds interesting. Is this the mob (Pureman) that were sending out freebies YKW for testing pourposes a while back?

Last edited:
I'd also be keen for testing.
Have only used my trusty EJ DE89L, so no experience with open-comb or TTOs.

They should be on their way and I hope to have them arriving Monday or Tuesday.

As a result, I will be ditching my Vintage Blade shaves with the rest of you and go back to a 'More Normal' blade rotation for testing.... Reds, Astras, 7OC Blacks, PermaSharps and *gulp* Feathers.

I can confirm that the best user review of these razors will get to chose one to keep. The other two will be put into a couple of prize pools for new members to win at a later time.

I can say I have had these in my hands for a week or so now. Had a few shaves with the Closed-Comb variant. Review to come, then we will take a half-dozen testers to give it a go, much like the vintage blade thread.

I just need to make sure of what we can and cannot say/show about them.