Predictive text issues

lerenau

...is a cheeky monkey
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Predictive text on my phone has been going haywire lately making typing VERY frustrating.
But I just noticed that it only seems to happen on this forum. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I am using a Google Pixel XL.

ExactlyEwhat imI'seeing.
"Exactly what I'm seeing"

@Monsta_AU has anything changed recently?

I've been having issues with the suggested text above the android keyboard.... Half the time i click the suggested word and when selected it comes up gobble-de-gook.... Not sure if the same issue or not???

I've been having issues with the suggested text above the android keyboard.... Half the time i click the suggested word and when selected it comes up gobble-de-gook.... Not sure if the same issue or not???
Yeah. That's it. Except it affects me even when not using the suggestions. So, it's near impoimpossi to type!

Just seems odd that it is only this site and multiple users.
I don't know. I'll research some more.
*shrug*

Well, after installing my last ten apps and clearing any cache I can find, I can now type on this site again. But ONLY if I use the default Android keyboard.
Using the SwiftKey keyboard is still messed-up... But again, only on this site. I have no idea why.

Well there's your problem using an iPad :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: get a windows operating laptop problem solved.

As you can gather not an iPad / Apple fan :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Apple products have their place. That is with poeple who are unable to use more than one app at a time and not quite able to use all the customisation every other phone/tablet maker offers.and also for poeple who prefer to flash an apple symbol around than have up to date features and compatability across platforms without having to buy more overpriced and unneccasary on any other phone crapple devices. Gu3ss you could say im not a fan either.

Arrrggghh. Going insane with this issue.
Took me 20 mins to write three lines.

Happens when quoting text more so for me.

@LukehGee using Android 7 Nougat with Chrome browser with gboard. These to date are the most used apps and OS. Only seem to notice it on this website and quite odd. Have a few hunches.
I'm a sys admin and haven't bothered to research it yet as it is not my product.
Though happy to provide troubleshooting hours on it @Monsta_AU

Autocorrect is only provided by the device, not the site. The only thing it will be is some sort of incompatibility with the RichTextEditor that Xenforo uses with Swiftkey especially. There are a few reports of it, but it will be a keyboard issue.

I am not looking to upgrade the site any time soon, my expectation was for next FY to upgrade to XF v2.x, however that takes quite a bit of time and effort with multiple tests on a backup site prior to rolling it over for real.