Pure Badger

58RW

Well it arrived and in quick post time to which surprised me initially. The idea was to strip out the knot as I was after the handle only but on opening examining in the flesh so to speak was surprised why you ask well what I paid for it I thought it was definitely gonna be only cause I wanted the handle. So got it home felt good in the hand the knot felt pretty good so thought let's soak it wash it up and see. Gave it a test run and FFS it blew masses of lather in the bowl so let's apply and test a couple passes well that was it shut up get outta here for what I paid could not believe it. So at this stage it's a keeper to be further tested and see how it develops 30mm knot total height 90mm handle 55mm
YfCBOb5.jpg

Hmmm... I just bought my first badger brush the other day.
I haven't used it yet. Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake... :oops:
@lerenau the pure badger was my very first brush when I started wet shaving, I ended up having a complete itchy and prickly red face for nearly a week.

Oh... Is there a chance it was itchy and red before? :unsure:
Sorry I remember correctly when I started using the Pure badger, it was prickly when I started face lathering and after the first pass. When I started the second pass face lathering it started to feel more prickly and itchy and the same issue on the third pass, then my face went bright red not mid red for nearly a week and everybody at work tells me I had sunburnt on my face :oops::shifty:

Sorry I remember correctly when I started using the Pure badger, it was prickly when I started face lathering and after the first pass. When I started the second pass face lathering it started to feel more prickly and itchy and the same issue on the third pass, then my face went bright red not mid red for nearly a week and everybody at work tells me I had sunburnt on my face :oops::shifty:
Wow. Ok. I'll need to keep an eye on it.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Really didn't want to badmouth things...every skin type is different, every badger knot is different and of course it depends how you lather in the first place. I just had some bad experiences early on in my journey and almost gave up on badgers because of that