Questions about Hard Shaving Soaps

So I'm looking to buy my first shaving soaps PAA Strange Island and Crown King Sacre Bleu

Was wondering if anyone's used them and if you could let me know if they're hard shaving soaps?
I really like hard shaving soaps due to their longevity.
Currently have a Latha Sandalwood and it's incredibly hard and I've yet to create a dent in it
If either of the soaps I've mentioned aren't hard shaving soaps
Is there a way to make them a hard shaving soap? (Leaving the lid off to let the water from the saponification process evaporate)
or maybe just suggest some other good hard shaving soaps you'd recommend.

I've tried leaving off the lid of my Cella shaving cream and it's still incredibly soft, I love it as a shaving cream but would love it to be a hard soap

anyway thanks in advanced :)

Edit: Punctuation

Last edited:
The PAA should not be as hard as the Latha range. PAA can be quite soft, i have the CAD soap and its a dream to lather. I would class stuff like DR Harris and Crabtree and Evelyn as hard soaps.

PAA is great quality, i own 3 of the latha range and am on my second tub of PAA Cad, i would say they are pretty close to each other for quality, Latha is the cheaper of the B&M range, however, it certainly does not compromise the quality. Crabtree and Evelyn unfortunately is not one of my favourites, i find it very dry wen applied and gives me a bit of a rash.

I dont really get into longevity of scents, i tend to splash aftershave or smear a cream after shaving, which has no relevance to the cream or soap i have just used, Myrsol for instance, it is a strong scent going on though, most PAA will be like this, longevity not sure.

I have three PAA soaps that I use quite a bit (Sancre de Draco, Malbolge, Amber) and I can't fault their longevity, performance or scent. They aren't super hard soaps but they also aren't creams. I'd call them soft soaps.

It will last for a few months of everyday shaving, once again probably the wrong person to ask, i have about 20 odd different soaps and creams that i rotate through, so just trying one to me is non sensical. My mate only uses one; a Caties Bubbles, he has been using that everyday for the last 3 months.

I have three PAA soaps that I use quite a bit (Sancre de Draco, Malbolge, Amber) and I can't fault their longevity, performance or scent. They aren't super hard soaps but they also aren't creams. I'd call them soft soaps.
hmm I see I'd like to still purchase one, Some of the scent profiles on some of the products seem amazing and really interest me