Raspberry Pi

Scuse the crappy phone picture...uploadfromtaptalk1397582164737.jpg but there it is, 50 hours in.

You can see the reflection of the (heater) bulb in the side wall and on the floor of the box, the 'drip' tray that appears mostly to have caught falling coriander husks...

And a top down shot...
ave5ujyr.jpg

Looks good HM. Still waiting to find out about my free dehydrator. Of that doesn't pan out I have seen some plans for solar dehydrator that I might just have a go at.

And back on track.
I have just installed plex server on my htpc and an now running rasplex on the pi.
It's a bit different but my wife can now watch her Chinese language shows which come in strange formats as the server does all the decoding and then streams to the pi.

Added bonus is that it can stream to the web too. If only my internet up load speed was good enough.

Last edited:
And back on track.
Added bonus is that it can steam to the web too. If only my internet up load speed was good enough.
Same here - but you can also upload the file to the remote device (as in not streamed) which can be handy at a remote location.

Derailing once more. Research batch (rump steak based) is now completed. I shall be acquiring a topside/silverside joint later to continue the research.uploadfromtaptalk1397725490761.jpg

Our survey said?

/Family Fortunes

Same here - but you can also upload the file to the remote device (as in not streamed) which can be handy at a remote location.
Is that Plexpass, or are you using something else?

Simply using a signed in plex ID... If you wish you can use a plex app on a device or just use the web interface.

Maybe we should share libraries and you can see what is possible remotely without leaving the Eggshed ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer hm. I've just discovered the unauthorised channels plug in and don't think I need ever torrent anything again if I can't find it with sick beard

I'd pay money for that.

Looks great.
1.8kg of top rump in today... Spiced like I stole it. Not much left of research batch 1... I may have eaten most of it when I got back from my 50k bike ride, washed down with some isotonic recovery drink (aka locally craft brewed beer)

Back to the RPi.

OK, I'm stuck.
I have got my RPi running and it is happily monitoring temperatures from three DS18b20's, similar to brew-pi.dack.com.au, see above.

I have set up HotPi (http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24115) and can run the python script which infinite loops to control the temperature, which all works fine. I modified it switch either of the two relays on my relay board one for heating and one for cooling for a fixed time and then switch it off.

But, for my application, I only want to run this every 5 minutes to save load on the fridge compressor. And I don't see any point in having an infinte loop running, I was hoping I could call it via a cron job.

Is anyone is willing to look over my code ?

could you maybe just introduce a sleep into the infinite loop? So it still runs the infinite loop but more slowly...

Got it sorted. I was using while statements instead of if. In the end I used while and added a check of the enclosure temperature. Once it gets out of the while loop I turn off the relay and sys.exit.

My temperature cotrol program is working beautifully. It is holding my fermentation vessel at 17.5°C with the set point at 18°C. I thin it is sitting low because I have allowed ±0.5°C hysteresis and the control loop only needs to maintain either edge of the limit. I changed the settings this morning to be ±0.2°C, it will be good to see what the next few days hold.

The spike in the blue line is when I adjusted the hysteresis this monring.

3_hours_small.png

My temperature cotrol program is working beautifully. It is holding my fermentation vessel at 17.5°C with the set point at 18°C. I thin it is sitting low because I have allowed ±0.5°C hysteresis and the control loop only needs to maintain either edge of the limit. I changed the settings this morning to be ±0.2°C, it will be good to see what the next few days hold.

The spike in the blue line is when I adjusted the hysteresis this monring.

3_hours_small.png
Image not showing for me..