Razer Razor

No thanks.

I actually own a lot of Razer computer gear but no matter how green this razor is, why pay $30 for 3 cartridges when the same price gets you 100 double sided blades.

No thanks.

I actually own a lot of Razer computer gear but no matter how green this razor is, why pay $30 for 3 cartridges when the same price gets you 100 double sided blades.
Or 900 derby

Bought one razor product back when the hype for the Mamba mouse was huge. Worst mouse I ever bought. Constant disconnects from wired mode, buttons failed and rubber peeled off on the side.

They later released a revision of that mouse and everyone that bought the first version got hung out to drive. As bad as Logitech can be I will take their products over Razer any day.

I bought a skinguard razor on a whim a year or two ago and haven't been able to bring myself to use it. There is no cart razor that can compete or compare with the razors I have now.

I am surprised it has taken them this long to make this happen after all the other versions they have had already.
I will have to give it a miss.
You would think that they would be making their handles out of a nice metal by now or at least Zamak or aluminium.
I suppose they know that their carts are ridiculously expensive and people just like printers (but that is another massive problem within itself) figure its cheaper to just toss it in the bin and buy a new razor with the starter kit included which just makes the problem worse for the planet.

I have to applaud Gillette for at least continuing to make DE blades and for taking a halfhearted attempt at bringing a basic and accessible DE razor to the market in the King C Gillette razor that has appeared in more recent years.
Any casual lurker just landing on this page that is even half curious about having a nicer shave and saving money should give that razor a try if they have never used a DE before and have seen it at your local store. The only things I would say is wait for a sale on it (comes around regularly) and buy a variety of blades at one of our many fantastic online shave stores once the included blades run out.

Thanks for the laugh @eggbert

Simple Dear Boy, we live in a free society………… or do we?

giphy.gif

Please, don’t call me dear boy, I’m way way over the mountain for my age.

As bad as Logitech can be I will take their products over Razer any day
Logitech fan here! G810 Orion RGB & G613 Wireless (work) keyboards + G502 RGB & MX Master 3 (work) mice 👌
The only things I would say is wait for a sale on it (comes around regularly) and buy a variety of blades at one of our many fantastic online shave stores once the included blades run out
Never pay full price for Gillette. Stuff em.
Why on earth would anyone want to go back to bloody cartridge razors.
Some people don't want to use disposable blades and prefer a cart. Maybe it's convenient, they got gifted it or it works for them. Who gives a toss what someone else wants to use.

The point is

Logitech fan here! G810 Orion RGB & G613 Wireless (work) keyboards + G502 RGB & MX Master 3 (work) mice 👌

Never pay full price for Gillette. Stuff em.
I've had a few Logitech devices too, I still miss my old Trackball. Their keyboards are fine, and my Harmony Hub is great as a universal remote (if a bit tedious to set up).

If I were still doing DE, I still like the 7 O'Clock Yellow. And the Minora is pretty good too. At least they were when they were made in St Petersburg. No idea what they're like now.

Oops I meant hung out to dry. (not hung out to drive lol)

I've heard good things about the skin guard razor in terms of cart razors but I don't think anyone was advocating for anyone to use a cart razor anyway. Its funny how Gillette will try just about every novelty but lean a little more heavily into DE razor and actually manufacture a quality razor as they did many years go. They certainly have deep enough pockets to do so let alone the name and distribution channels to make so decent money from it in return but alas we just get Razer branded cart razors and Bugatti branded razors. Do better Gillette... Do Better!

The only thing that I feel makes Logitech annoying locally is the customer support here in Australia. I've had a few dealings with them that have left me less than impressed based on shortcomings and faults in their own products where as Logitech US will has in the past quickly accepted fault and send out its customers replacement parts where needed but I digress it is what it is and that was a few years ago now. I use an MX Master 2S mouse. I would like to move onto the 3S someday or 4S by the time I can get to a buying a new mouse. haha

They still make ergo trackball mice which is nice to see and their Vertical Advanced mouse looks okay too.

Bought one razor product back when the hype for the Mamba mouse was huge. Worst mouse I ever bought. Constant disconnects from wired mode, buttons failed and rubber peeled off on the side.
I must have bought the revised version as mine is still going strong. Even though I have replaced it with a Razor Ouroboros on my gaming computer, I still use the mamba on my work computer.

I must have bought the revised version as mine is still going strong. Even though I have replaced it with a Razor Ouroboros on my gaming computer, I still use the mamba on my work computer.
Yep, the revised versions were much better. The packaging it came in was pretty nice at the time though.
It was my own fault for being young and stupid and believing that a company would stand behind their products if they are a failure. That's one of the things that I generally find to be great about the shaving community is that they seem to care a lot more and try to make amends if something is found to be faulty or not up to their own standards.