Razor Handles (Charcoal Goods)

filobiblic

Facepeeler Extraordinare
State Convenor - NSW
Group Buy Caporegime
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2015 Sabbatical Fail
Every day there seems to be a new shaving artisan starting up a small business!

Here's someone who turns handles from metals and sells them with/without a head.

Charcoal Goods

HHHMMMM, not too sure about this one - I think the handles lack a bit the detail, other have.

Also it's a bit off putting to offer a 75US$ handle with a 10US$ head - feels a bit wrong....

HHHMMMM, not too sure about this one - I think the handles lack a bit the detail, other have.

Also it's a bit off putting to offer a 75US$ handle with a 10US$ head - feels a bit wrong....
Good to know mate. It just caught my eye. I know there would be a few out there that make handles but don't know them. You seem to have your finger on the pulse (or your hand on the handle), perhaps you could list some handle makers here?

From what I have seen Jurgen Hemple handles look the goods. I think you can sometimes get them at bullgoose or directly from his facebook page.

I have two that I got in a BST on another forum that come from www.eliterazor.com, they are great as well.

Not too much into handles, but I know:

UFO (if they ever make some)
Triad
(already mentioned) Jurgen Hemple
and of course: Wolfman

I just compared to the above - and I believe those are in a similar price range...

Thanks for replying guys!

I think these are shit-hot handles, as far as I have seen nobody is doing anything like this style previously. From a basis of expanding our hobby into new areas, I applaud this guy for getting in there and doing something different.

And I don't care about the $10 head either, although I would like to see them finished the same way.

'head is imported chrome plated die cast ZAMAK'

OK, so ignoring the head - I do like the handles ...

Yeah not sure whether I love or hate them!

I'm definitely in the love 'em camp. The modern heat cured coatings they use have brilliant properties. Sure, some are a tad over the top appearance wise but some are really attractive too. I can't figure out the small price differential between buying one outright and having your own refurbished.

Thanks @alfredus, a very interesting link indeed!

Very limited range of nice looking SS handles here : http://griestshaving.weebly.com
Sold out.

I can imagine that for the person who has/works with the right machine these would be very easy to make. Not too expensive either I'm guessing. The heads would be a different story altogether...

Sold out.

I can imagine that for the person who has/works with the right machine these would be very easy to make. Not too expensive either I'm guessing. The heads would be a different story altogether...
3 inch is available for 32US$...looks nice!

The machine is not cheap though and you have to sell an awful lot of 32$ handles just to get your investment back...and then you want to live from it as well