Review Razorock Monster 26mm Synth

Korbz

I've had this brush in my den now for over a month and feel comfortable commenting on it.
Font.jpg

0QThtvf.jpg

When I received it, the brush package was secure enough from Italian Barber, however there was no paper or wrap around the actual brush itself to stop any scuffing when rubbed against the cardboard container. Mine had no visible marks upon opening, and was in immaculate nick.

First inspection, rubbing my fingers through the bristles it didn't feel as firm as the WD 24mm Synth (my only other synth). Not floppy by any means, but certainly I was able to tell the difference (potentially a glue bump thing). This filled me with hope, as I find the WD doesn't like to splay as much as I would like when face lathering. It also has a tendency to spit lather around when I get carried away :)

Line20Up.jpg

The next thing I noticed was the size. This is a big brush. As you can see from the images, it's close in height to the Omega 49, and easily covers half your face. Coming in at just under 27mm wide, and 63mm loft, you're not left wondering where your money went.

What I have found works well for this brush, is the merkur man method of lathering. Give the brush a quick rinse, flick out excess water and get to the puck. It picks up the soap quickly so I add a little more water each time till I get the pasty texture between the bristles to go to the face. Lathering on the face, you feel the super soft bristles and it splays without having to add too much pressure. It has plenty of backbone though to produce great quality lather in no time. Being a Synth, you have to go to the tap a few more times than a Badger or Boar, as it just doesn't hold the same amount of water. I find this works really well though, as you just don't get over saturated lathers with it. It holds and releases lather without any worries at all, and easily has enough for 4-5 passes. You can pick up a lot of soap on this brush, but hey, who doesn't have enough for the soappocalypse anyway.

Strengths- Good backbone, soft face feel, dense and able to hold lots of lather, good size handle and comfortable to use, price (even with shipping)

Weakness- Doesn't hold onto water well (will lose heat in winter quickly)

If you like big brushes able to produce a great lather effortlessly, with a very soft feel and medium backbone, then put one of these on your shopping list.

<<PHOTOS HERE>>

Last edited:
Great review!