Reporting bad posts... Y U NOT DO?

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
I've been pretty hands off with the rules in here for one reason, generally it is pretty good as it is.

I may have to make an exception to this, and start waving the stick at members who post replies to what are the occasional spammer threads.

Firstly, I would like to discourage any of you from replying to or otherwise interacting with spam posts, threads or spammer accounts. The issue is that if there is new posts behind a spam post, it all gets indexed by Google as content.

Secondly, not one of you in the thread actually reported the post. This is probably the most disappointing part of the whole incident. While PJ did ping me in the thread, that is not the way to do it. Due to the way that Tapatalk works, a ping is a pull message, but a report is a PUSH message and is sent to all my mobile devices as soon as a report is made. So yes, my phone goes off it's brain so I know there is an issue. I am pretty sure that Drubs also gets those messages however we cannot tell because nobody reported it.

Thirdly, the spam cleanup is made harder by extra posts in the thread, especially if they decide to post to a new thread. Makes much more work for me.

There is only one accepted action you should take. Hit the report link in the bottom of the post.

Those that want to abuse the report function may also find themselves with a very angry Monsta. Remember, I have lots of blades.

I've been pretty hands off with the rules in here for one reason, generally it is pretty good as it is.

I may have to make an exception to this, and start waving the stick at members who post replies to what are the occasional spammer threads.

Firstly, I would like to discourage any of you from replying to or otherwise interacting with spam posts, threads or spammer accounts. The issue is that if there is new posts behind a spam post, it all gets indexed by Google as content.

Secondly, not one of you in the thread actually reported the post. This is probably the most disappointing part of the whole incident. While PJ did ping me in the thread, that is not the way to do it. Due to the way that Tapatalk works, a ping is a pull message, but a report is a PUSH message and is sent to all my mobile devices as soon as a report is made. So yes, my phone goes off it's brain so I know there is an issue. I am pretty sure that Drubs also gets those messages however we cannot tell because nobody reported it.

Thirdly, the spam cleanup is made harder by extra posts in the thread, especially if they decide to post to a new thread. Makes much more work for me.
There is only one accepted action you should take. Hit the report link in the bottom of the post.

Those that want to abuse the report function may also find themselves with a very angry Monsta. Remember, I have lots of blades.

Post reported :)

Looks like I missed the thread but will keep it mind RM.

I think that was aimed at me. At the time I saw the message there were two mods online according to the member list, and I presumed they could deal with it.

I hadn't even noticed the report this thing until monsta mentioned it.