Reporting in from perth

hilux

New to this. been shaving for a long time, but only properly about three years back.

went from carts > double edges > straights (recently acquired)

Welcome to the forum mate.

NOR or SOR?

This place is filling up with Perth lads.

Hello hilux. Finally a straight shaver.

still have plenty to learn about straight shaving. being the cheapskate, ive gone down the antique route. that includes self restoration and if i can get that right, i will learn to hone/strop. else i have to resort to shavettes

NOR or SOR?

North.

thanks for the welcome.

Hi, most of us regular posters are from Perth NOR.
Pojtr
Drubbing
JugV2
and me, pablo_h

As far as other Perthites:
I'm pretty sure SmallYetDeadly is too.
And from memory RM71 and Moabboy are too, but don't post.
It's up to the other members to fix that, until then, we can gloat about it and make this the home of group buys and trades. It isn't our fault the rest of the country is too slow. Or even have joined, but hardly visit. So we have the run of the place anyway.

Last edited:
Glen didn't you read his post? He's a straight shaver...unlikely to take any of your treasures.

Glen didn't you read his post? He's a straight shaver...unlikely to take any of your treasures.

i have (and still do!) shave with DEs. i wouldnt call myself a full straight shaver yet, and i have yet to try a SE.

btw what does PIF mean?

i have yet to try a SE.

Then you have yet to experience the glory of true blade shaving. So why not have a wander down to the PIF forum and make your selection from Glen's Giveaways and join the ranks of those who know. (This is ridiculous - I have to spruik free razors).

Glen I like your patoi. I may take you up on an SE - strictly for research purposes of course. It's more a case of seeing good stuff offered as a PIF and no one taking it. I will think upon this course of action.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glen I like your patoi. I may take you up on an SE - strictly for research purposes of course. It's more a case of seeing good stuff offered as a PIF and no one taking it. I will think upon this course of action.

How can you go wrong. I'll give you a few blades to get you started.

This is how drug addiction works too you know.

Remeber each SE comes with a few blades to start you off on the path of righteousness, but you better hurry cause so far I have given away none, zero, nada. I mean I know I shop at the cheap end of the market but I thought curiosity if nothing else may have tempted to DE only boys.