Rifles, shooting stuff.

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Just bought a wee toy.
I 'really' needed this...
At-One CZ457 Varmint 22LR. Bunged on a Leupold 45x Competition scope.
https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/cz-usa-model-457-22-lr/365081
First shoot last night at local club, who now offer indoor smallbore benchrest.
Benchrest suits us older folks as no need to struggle down on to and up off of the floor!
Sighted in and then got smart and fired a 5 shot group. Oh, nice little one holer in the target.
Got too smart and tried for 10 shots. Bugger...9 were in the same hole and the number 10 shot was just out the side (which ruined my lovely tight group).
I'm busy fettling the setup now, and will shoot a 10 shot card next week.
Anyone else into shooting, rimfire/centerfire?

Got too smart and tried for 10 shots. Bugger...9 were in the same hole and the number 10 shot was just out the side (which ruined my lovely tight group).

Pics or it didn't happen ;)

Our first rifle / shooting thread (although we do have a bow hunting thread) - clearly we are NOT a US based forum!

Happy for the discussion but please be conscious of the strict laws in Australia around this activity.

I've thought about getting my licence and a .22LR for around the property. Really as a incase I need to put down a ewe.

Maybe this year.

Pics or it didn't happen ;)

Our first rifle / shooting thread (although we do have a bow hunting thread) - clearly we are NOT a US based forum!

Happy for the discussion but please be conscious of the strict laws in Australia around this activity.
you-can-have-my-gun-when-you-pry-it-from-my-cold-dead-hands.jpg

First photo is what it looked like. Sadly that loose 10th shot out to the left buggered it all up, and that shot at 7-o-clock made it a tad bigger than it needed to be. Take that one away too and that's pretty close to 8 shots into the same hole..

It should have looked like this. That's the first 9 shots (I painted out the offending 10th shot).
That group size is only 8mm from top to bottom. Take away that errant lower shot too and it's not a bad target for an old guy just setting up a new rifle.

First photo is what it looked like. Sadly that loose 10th shot out to the left buggered it all up.

It should have looked like this. That's the first 9 shots (I painted out the offending 10th shot).
That group size is only 8mm from top to bottom.

What was the distance you were shooting from?

First photo is what it looked like. Sadly that loose 10th shot out to the left buggered it all up.

That group size is only 8mm from top to bottom.

You’ve done this before. Impressive shooting straight up. Now the frustrations begin, trying to improve. Enjoy @Blackie .

Only 25 yards (it's an indoor range).
Groups are usually measured centre to centre (I just measured from outside of each hole). Was just a test of rifle, some ammo, etc.
So the rifle is capable of under 1MOA ('Minute of Angle'...nothing to do with large flightless birds).

Wish our country as a tad more relaxed in regards to guns in general.
Either that, or more forceful towards those that hold and actively use them in a devious illegal manner.
Preferably both if honest.

Wish our country as a tad more relaxed in regards to guns in general.
Either that, or more forceful towards those that hold and actively use them in a devious illegal manner.
Preferably both if honest.
Both, and not just your country. Put the bad guys away but leave the good guys alone. And remember, only law abiding citizens obey the law, so any gun laws made will only effect the law abiding citizens.

.. only law abiding citizens obey the law, so any gun laws made will only effect the law abiding citizens.
This is missed by the do good groups and politicians creating new and updating legislation.
Ahh well, we can exercise jury nullification, yet most people are sadly oblivions to that power we hold.

Lets talk rifles and shooting stuff like the title says :)

... and admire @Blackie's grouping

... and post a pic if you can do better!

First photo is what it looked like. Sadly that loose 10th shot out to the left buggered it all up, and that shot at 7-o-clock made it a tad bigger than it needed to be. Take that one away too and that's pretty close to 8 shots into the same hole..

That group size is only 8mm from top to bottom. Take away that errant lower shot too and it's not a bad target for an old guy just setting up a new rifle.

Why can't I admire @Blackie photos?
"The image you are requesting does not exist"