Review Rockwell 6S

Stumbled across these guys last night after my trusty Super Adjustable died on the weekend. Couldn't believe there was someone actually making a modern adjustable razor to compete against Merkur!! Promptly pledged my coin for the Model T, due to ship later next year....such a long wait!
Not sure if I can wait til then using my little Tech or if I should drop some extra $ and buy a 6S to flip once the Model T ships. Certainly doesn't look at refined as a Wolfman or ATT, but after reading how they shipped out v2 razors to all 6S backers after the v1 had some minor flaws with the finish, I was most impressed.

Hey guys,

I've been using my 6S for a few days now and I have to say, it is bloody awesome!

@~Spyne~
Definitely pick up the 6S. It's a great shaver and once you find your setting of choice, it'll give a lifetime of great shaves! It's built like a tank and with no moving parts...yet it's adjustable! BRILLIANT!!

I found plate #4 the best combo of closeness and comfort for daily shaving. #5 provided a longer lasting shave but I can't use it daily. #6 was awesome too but my lower neck had a bit of irritation after just one shave so #6 is out. #5 for those occasional situations where I want a longer lasting shave and #4 will be my daily driver.

I have yet to try #3 but I suspect it wont be close enough but I'll give it a go. If it is nearly as good as #4, I'll pop #3 with a spare Merkur top-cap into my spare bulldog handle (along with the brilliant Rockwell razor sheath) and that will be my travel razor :D

@Korbz #1 didn't do very well shaving around the neck area ATG which I knew I was right to skip #1 in the first place, #2 was perfect sweet spot throughout my whole shave next I'll be trying out #3.

Also thanks for the heads up on the feather detail because I somehow knew #2 would be 100% sweet, because I wasn't 100% sure about #3 & #4 so this is why I had to ask first.

Well mine arrived on Monday and I shaved last night with 48 hours growth.
Good prep with omega boar, Razorock XX and a new Polsilver SI blade.

Went straight to the #6.. So smooth that I had to check if I was actually mowing anything down but after 3 passes and a bit of touchup I had a nice BBS.

Now keep in mind that my daily driver is the Muhle 2011 R41 so I like aggressive.

I would rate the Rockwell with the #6 plate a little less aggressive than the 2013 R41 or the ATT H plates.

Nicely made but different to the ATT (MIM vs machined). You can feel the difference on your skin. Heavy but balanced, quiet in use though I must admit to liking a razor with a loud audio track (like the Futur clone). Great service from the manufacturer. Included an extra box of 100 blades because I had to wait a whole week for shipping and then upgraded the shipping to DHL at no cost.

While it won't replace my venerable 2011 R41, it certainly goes into a shortlisted rotation and quite frankly it is a bargain for an all stainless steel razor

YOU need one!!!.