alfredus

Auctioneer-in-Chief + organises many group buys
Staff member
Site Moderator
State Convenor - SA
Grand Society
Group Buy Caporegime
Charity Auction Team
...and my poor pictures don't do it any justice!
Rudy Vey Custom Handle stuffed with Shavemac Silvertip 2-band
Knot: 30mm
Loft: 54mm
Total Height: 124mm

1_FrontS_zps86zvadgo.jpg

2_LogoS_zpswfvvjgrc.jpg

3_KnotS_zpsqhhplxio.jpg

4_AllBrushesS_zps0fuev7o7.jpg

More to follow tomorrow...

Thanks guys - first palm lather went very well, can't wait for tomorrows shave!

Which synth did you try and what do you like about it? As far as synths go, the Kong is a really fun brush - but there is a reason you only see 2 synths in my den and 5 badgers...yes money - I'd probably have 10 or 20 badgers if they were cheaper :D :D :D

@alfredus I bought the Razorock Plissoft. It was cheap so I just chucked it in with my order. After that I saw some good reviews so I was even more interested. Tried it for the first time this morning and WOW! I also have a trio of Whipped Dogs coming now (silvertip, high mountain and synthetic) so I'm looking forward to that,

Anyways I have seen a lot of reviews that rate the "Kong" hence I am interested in that as well.....

Is that a whipped dog synthetic I see as well?

Yes that's a WD synthetic as well. I also used to have the trio of WD in the den. Really nice brushes for the price, but you are not getting a true badger experience there...The silvertip has a beautiful face feel and is truly soft and luxurious. But for me it lacks the necessary backbone and density (I had mine set at 48mm). So lathering is sometimes a bit frustrating. The HM was too forceful for my taste...

The synth is nice, as is the Kong. The WD is my travel brush and I use the Kong for new soaps. But as with all synthetics I have tried so far, they are...soulless.

OK, back on topic :D

The brush bloomed beautifully:
BloomS_zpset4wphci.jpg

And is really a true pleasure to lather with. I posted these already in the SOTD section, but for completeness:

Less than 30 sec loading:
20151226_RVShavemac_MW_1_LoadS_zpsigakah6p.jpg

And 1 minute or 2 on the face:
20151226_RVShavemac_MW_2_LatherS_zpseb7vbbwm.jpg

Damaged goods now, I'll rehabilitate it for you mate :)

Looks like a great addition to the collection. I like the handle, it looks very comfortable to hold and I can already tell that Shavemac knot is a winner! Have the tips curled much yet?

Now if I could just get my Mystic Water lather to look like that when I face lather I'd be very happy.

Looks like a great addition to the collection. I like the handle, it looks very comfortable to hold and I can already tell that Shavemac knot is a winner! Have the tips curled much yet?

Now if I could just get my Mystic Water lather to look like that when I face lather I'd be very happy.
Curling has started already - very exciting!

Seriously the lather came today as easily as with any other soap...I have held the theory for a while now, that certain knots are made for certain soaps (for example my Paladin Chief and Mike's) - but I couldn't believe it myself how easy it was to get this quality MW lather today

Lucky you, he bought me bugger all again this year.

Very nice indeed @alfredus - I know how good those Shavemac or Thater 2-band Silvertip knots are. Mine is easily my favourite badger brush, but not quite as sexy as your Rudy Vey handle mate :( Also a big fan of the Brown Windsor - a really super soap.