Self-made shaving brush

Monocero

Taking advantage of my vacation, like most of you, I was out there somewhere and was doing something. When packing my shaving equipment, I always take a synthetic brush for a trip, because I save space and do not take a badger or bristle brush holder.

It was like that until yesterday!

Let's start from the beginning, the day started like every day of vacation, i.e. generally full of ease, no plans, what should happen. So around 10 am I met a friend who invited us to his place for dinner. He put such delicacies on the table until supper

77de0c5f95c68d42med.jpg

Słowacka 62% vodka. It is worth buying, by the way, but this is a digression. Anyway, this morning I got up with my head completely reset, free from unnecessary duties and suddenly EUREKA !!!

I decided to make a brush. Not an ordinary brush like everyone has several, in my product I decided that I would use revolutionary technologies used in other fabrics of science and life.

The technology used is not the result of the work of American, Chinese or Czech scientists, but is completely adopted by me for traditional shaving.

I set to work, and as I had the material for the brush, OTO AND HE was created after some time.

3b9d279035e89d56med.jpg

157b344a414d4b3fmed.jpg

So now you're probably wondering that 62% are doing their job because the brush looks ordinary. Well, you can see that the wick sweeps and is really cool, but the handle is a simple piece of horn, without any revelations.

True, the brush is seemingly ordinary, but go back to the beginning of the article and read again why I made it? I made it so that I could take it on trips, on vacation instead of synthetics, and it didn't need a stand.

Here is what solution I used.

69a82f53a93b168emed.jpg

92eed32cdf61ba7dmed.jpg

045d5118643a50d8med.jpg

8463991650e50bd6med.jpg

The solution is very simple and very effective. Going on business trips or anywhere, on vacation, on a training ground, etc. You take a badger hair brush with a super wick and you don't have to worry about destroying it without taking the stand. All you need is a plaque bow or a piece of thong, as I did, and you can hang the brush on anything you want to dry.

This solution does not require the user to purchase a stand. If anyone wants to use this idea, go ahead. You can modify it, improve anything. We will all benefit from such a solution.

These are now some technical details of the Brush .

The wick was purchased from a well-known European manufacturer. The wick is produced in Europe using a traditional method. The bristles have not been cut and have been sterilized prior to laying, making them odorless.

The dimensions of the wick are 24 mm of the base and 50 mm of height. Silvertipe wick is characterized by extraordinary delicacy and elasticity. Below are photos after the first use.

866ec49406cbd888med.jpg

After soaking the wick and shaking off the water, the delicate tips combine into clumps, which, combined with elasticity, gives a very pleasant effect on the face when applying foam.

f1561791f3cc941fmed.jpg

4ba5c03cc829d434med.jpg

The production of foam in the crucible took literally a moment and resulted in a thick and abundant foam. I used DUSY soap for shaving.

83a0fd6b9de6e5fbmed.jpg

As you will notice in the photos below, the brush absorbs the foam incredibly and is very happy to release it on the face.

dcc3261470fc2cebmed.jpg

Notice how tightly packed it is with foam. It has three passes without any problem.

e6a1debd245879c5med.jpg

You are probably surprised why such a wick was embedded in a piece of horn. Well, this is not an ordinary corner. It is a piece of deer antler shot by my great-grandfather in 1927 in Spała, where he was invited to a hunt organized by President Ignacy Mościcki. Part of the antlers were allocated to the brush, razor and razor.
So much good about the brush. Is this my perfect brush? NOPE. Objectively, I must say that despite its undoubted advantages and definitely noticeable comfort in use, for me personally this type of bristle is too DELICATE. The second thing is, while the crucible with this brush produces great foam, the face is less delicate due to its delicacy.

These inconveniences will probably not be noticed by a person who has not had other types of badger hair in use, so I personally do not believe in describing a given hair as the best. Here, I think, is determined by the individual preferences of each of us.

62% alcohol :wideyed::jawdrop: Holy FART!!! Drunk
Nah mate...just beginners.
My single malt whiskey is bottled at 76%.
It's a bloody nice drop!
A finger of booze, an ice cube (or drop of water) to 'crack' the whiskey and you are in sipping heaven.
I still have a 1/2 bottle left!!! I will save that to share with you lot if some of you ever make it over this way.
I had to sell the still as there's no room to store it here...so once this 1/2 bottle has gone it's gone for good.

Nice brush, but,... gravity plays no part in the drying of a brush, water will wick into the tips and evaporate. Brushes have a flat bottom so that they sit upright and dry naturally.

Which bottle and what name? Horse?

Picture please :happy: I love scotch :love:
It's my own whiskey. Made it when I had a still (legal here in NZ).
Bought the grain, did all the right things (been distilling for a few years), also made my own lovely Rum (46%)...the proper way with molasses. None of this modern flavoured sugar water distilling nonsense.