Semogue 1305 Boar Brush

58RW

Morning Lads,

As some of you might have noticed I recently got myself a spare one of these brushes however, it came with what I considered a slight flaw.

Those that have this brush or even familiar with it, it has a sticker on the handle. In my case there is a sticker but it has not been applied well and has a bubble in the centre like a crease or fold.

I left a review pointing this fault out and have received a reply a lengthy reply in short saying that the sticker is not suppose to be permanent and removed. It is only to confirm and authenticate it is a Semogue. This reply was sent over 2 responses in total so far the last being the factory owner Carlos no less.

I did in the first response point out that I had purchsed 4 of these over recent 2/3 years and in all cases the label had not been removed and in fact my own of more than 18 months was still attached in perfect condition. Carlos in his reply forwarded the email address now for the Semogue Owner (Mr. Gomes, Semogue´s owner,) and said please directly make the inquiry and if they support my argument then he will send me a replacement without obviously the defect. In the interim he is sending me replacement stickers to which I had pointed out if I damge the paint on the handle then I would not be impressed at his suggestion as was offered in the first reply from his Customer Service Support to which he then backed the assurance that if that ccred then he would replace the brush.

I will be sending the owner this inquiry and will update furthe ron receiving a reply

So the question to you lads who have had one or own one Semogue 1305 have you on receiving removed the sticker ever or retained the sticker and to what detriment after constant use have any of you then had the sticker lifting, bubbling or peeling off.

The sticker is crooked on mine and it annoyed the crap out of me at first but haven't noticed it for a while.
Until this thread.
aPVYG9wl.jpg

I say this with all the respect in the world: if you would be my customer, I would ban you from my store and never ever reply to anything you say...it 's a ~20AU$ brush and you want them to send you a replacement because of the sticker? Even more, they want to send you free stickers and that's not enough for you?

Come on pal, they have already lost a ton of money, by just taking the time to answer your Emails. You (and with that I mean all of us) should really start to look at the world from other peoples viewpoint from time to time...it is not all about ME ME ME

The sticker is crooked on mine and it annoyed the crap out of me at first but haven't noticed it for a while.
Until this thread.
aPVYG9wl.jpg
crooked can see that but on the side of how long you have had and used the brush it's apparent as I was explaining to the Factory owner Carlos it does not come off or peel and on yours like mine that seems to be the case to. I like it with the sticker.

crooked can see that but on the side of how long you have had and used the brush it's apparent as I was explaining to the Factory owner Carlos it does not come off or peel and on yours like mine that seems to be the case to. I like it with the sticker.
I doubt it will peel off for a while.The glue has most likely bonded with the paint by now. Yes the "Twisted Sticker" ,as I nicknamed it , did irk me a little but it is a cheap brush.Good brush though.
Now if it was a Simpson Duke 3 Manchurian badger with Faux Ebony handle and the sticker was crooked,I would be a little pissed off and contacting the company.
A Semogue boar for around $20,to me is not worth the hassle.

Alright consensus @alfredus & @pvsampson I'll drop it your quite right only a cheap A$20 brush if I get the stickeres maybe I'll try changeover and leave it at that.
But leaving that aside has anyone removed the label

There used to be the saying, that a boar brush is fully broken in, once the label fully falls off/disintegrates :D :D :D

I say this with all the respect in the world: if you would be my customer, I would ban you from my store and never ever reply to anything you say...it 's a ~20AU$ brush and you want them to send you a replacement because of the sticker? Even more, they want to send you free stickers and that's not enough for you?

Come on pal, they have already lost a ton of money, by just taking the time to answer your Emails. You (and with that I mean all of us) should really start to look at the world from other peoples viewpoint from time to time...it is not all about ME ME ME

Sorry @alfredus but I do not agree with your comment. Wether you pay $20 or $2000 for a brush you are entitled to have everything made or in this case stickered correctly. For too long we have accepted poorly made items because we are buying less expensive.

Sorry @alfredus but I do not agree with your comment. Wether you pay $20 or $2000 for a brush you are entitled to have everything made or in this case stickered correctly. For too long we have accepted poorly made items because we are buying less expensive.

I agree, that the BRUSH should work perfectly, not shed, there should be no chips and cracks in the handle...etc

But if you expect the perfect mirror polish and engraving of a Paladin handle on a 20$ brush, you just have wrong expectations

For too long people expect to get everything for nothing. You pay 15$ a kilo of tuna and you think you get wild caught Blue fin?

You pay 10$ for a kilo of pork and you think the pig has been roaming freely in nature and been fed only acorns?

The brush handle is perfect, the knot is perfect and the brush costs 20$, that's a great deal.

Just think about what goes into a brush handle and knot, it comes out of an EU country and is made from natural products.The company, that makes the brushes wants to live, the company that sells you the brush wants to live...