1. Thanks to your likes, our facebook page now has 25 likes and our own special URL - We now have a https://www.facebook.com/paste.and.cut. Please remember to invite your friends both to the forums and our page.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING TAPATALK

Members are advised that Tapatalk access to Paste and Cut is now officially deprecated and is targeted for removal from April 30, 2017. Please see the full announcement at the notice thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Review Shampoo Bars - a personal journey!

Discussion started by Mark1966, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

I am

It is interesting

I'm had the same experience with the shampoo I was using too prior to the bars and I DID have a period of transition but then things settled. When under particular pressure I noticed some but not the with charcoal bar. Will see how that goes and then experiment

TomG likes this.
  2. Adam

Adam Member

I might have missed the reason on skimming the thread yesterday, and don't want to go through 7 pages again. But when I got my shampoo bar I also got a conditioner bar. What is the reason for the apple cider vinegar rinse? As opposed to a conditioner?

3. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

Instead of really - to rinse out residual soap.
    This is the most commonly recommended approach around the place.

TomG likes this.
  4. TomG

TomG Member

Spot on @Mark1966 - I use the vinegar rinse once a fortnight for this purpose.

@Adam - I occasionally use the conditioning bar, but not every shampoo. The use of these three products has given me the best hair health I have experienced to date.

Adam and Mark1966 like this.
  5. TomG

TomG Member

@Mark1966 and @Adam - I've just seen that BATB has introduced an alternative product to their vinegar rinse (for the same purpose).
    I guess to address the fact that many folks are not that keen on the vinegar smell and/or skin reaction. I'm fine with the vinegar and still use it routinely, but this new product looks interesting.
    Below is a link to the new product, which is called Apple Silk Clarifying Rinse. With either product, the stated aim is "to remove the silicone plasticisers in commercial conditioners and the last residues of shampoo soap."
    Works for me.

https://www.beebeauty.com.au/products/apple-silk-clarifying-rinse/

Mark1966 likes this.
  6. Adam

Adam Member

Ok interesting I would give that a crack