Shave of the Day - 2024

SOBD– Mon.7Oct2024

SOTD-20241007-setup.png

I’m another year older today (72) and it’s also our (me and my better half) 15th Anniversary (hard to forget when it’s on my birthday). So for my BD shave I'm using Squadron Dispatch Rider soap was my 1st Artisan soap I purchased over four years ago, when I started my Artisan soap collection, scent described as: “A marriage of Vetiver and Finest French Lavender, fresh and earthy” and maybe a bit of Sandalwood. The Rockwell 6c was also purchased around the same time on recommendation from fellow TAWSE members and it was the razor that helped save my DE shaving journey, although not my current favourite razor which is the Karve ALU Overlander. Also using a wonderful Custom brush made by Troy Craft “The Bishop” (which is a design based on the vintage “Tall Strong Set“ brush).

THE GEAR:
  • Pre Shave: Tri-Care Goats Milk & Glycerine Soap from ALDI [A]
  • Brush: TroyCraft “The Bishop” (Tall Strong Set clone) with 24/54 APShave UK Fibres knot [A]
  • Soap: Squadron - Dispatch Rider [A]
  • Bowl: Whispers from the Woods [A]
  • Razor: Rockwell 6c with Plate 3
  • Blade: Super Shave X Multi-coat, made in Wenzhou, China (1)
  • Astringent: Jennai Body Care - Aloe Vera Gel with Witch Hazel & Vitamin E [A]
  • Balm: G&M Australian Creams - Emu Oil MkII [A]
  • After Shave: Proraso Sandalwood (Red) AS Lotion
  • Moisturiser (Later): MooGoo Natural Full Cream - Hydrate[A]
[A] = Australian Product
Happy birthday and happy anniversary 👍

SOBD– Mon.7Oct2024

SOTD-20241007-setup.png

I’m another year older today (72) and it’s also our (me and my better half) 15th Anniversary (hard to forget when it’s on my birthday). So for my BD shave I'm using Squadron Dispatch Rider soap was my 1st Artisan soap I purchased over four years ago, when I started my Artisan soap collection, scent described as: “A marriage of Vetiver and Finest French Lavender, fresh and earthy” and maybe a bit of Sandalwood. The Rockwell 6c was also purchased around the same time on recommendation from fellow TAWSE members and it was the razor that helped save my DE shaving journey, although not my current favourite razor which is the Karve ALU Overlander. Also using a wonderful Custom brush made by Troy Craft “The Bishop” (which is a design based on the vintage “Tall Strong Set“ brush).

THE GEAR:
  • Brush: TroyCraft “The Bishop” (Tall Strong Set clone) with 24/54 APShave UK Fibres knot [A]
[A] = Australian Product
Happy Birthday 🎂

SOBD– Mon.7Oct2024

SOTD-20241007-setup.png

THE GEAR:
[A] = Australian Product
w4hzYp6.gif

LuMAxpv.jpg

Tuesday Shave
RAZOR: MÜHLE Rytmo Steamed Ash Handle
BLADE: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless Green
BRUSH: Ever-Ready Faux Ivory new 18mm Silvertip Badger
LATHER: The Art of Shaving Sandalwood (vintage)
POST: Taylor Of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion