Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG-20190518-094428-01.jpg

Election Day ensemble! First half pass I had a terrible blade (dropped?) so nasty irritation ensued. Changed up to a new Schick and back to normal but one cheek was red raw. So... time for a healing aftershave and the moisturising properties of @todras ' work. Chose Coolabah as I hadn't used it in ages and I'm now a happy camper. The easy choice for EdT was Fine Platinum, which doesn't last long but pairs well.

Even though I'm an oily bastard and need drying aftershaves there are occasions when a modern one wins :)

Kg73eIal.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Back Beet V1
Brush: Zenith Boar (shedomatic)
Razor: Boker Tree Brand
AS: B&M Spice
I'd forgotten Back Beet V1 was so soft (paste). Lathered up beautifully. Luxury shave. As I've said before, the Zenith would probably be my favourite brush if it didn't shed.

I have seen reports of zenith boars shedding more than other brands. Even my zenith sheds about 8 hairs per use.
I wonder if there's an issue with their production method?!

Date:- 18 May 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Monaco Royale
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #10
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male

I have seen reports of zenith boars shedding more than other brands. Even my zenith sheds about 8 hairs per use.
I wonder if there's an issue with their production method?!
If I didn't love the Zenith so much I'd never buy another but if this one finally dies I'd be keen to try another to see if I can find a good one but if it also shed that'd be it for me.

If I didn't love the Zenith so much I'd never buy another but if this one finally dies I'd be keen to try another to see if I can find a good one but if it also shed that'd be it for me.

Fingers crossed for the next one!

Personally, I'm a big fan of both semo and omega. Though I have a preference for the dyed/bleached omega bristles. Their undyed are good but do give a slight "broom" type feel.

Semo is just plain awesome! Their "extra" grade isn't very nice but the rest are excellent.
(Their 1800 is of course a mix of extra and premium grades and this combo makes it my favorite boar brush).

Fingers crossed for the next one!

Personally, I'm a big fan of both semo and omega. Though I have a preference for the dyed/bleached omega bristles. Their undyed are good but do give a slight "broom" type feel.

Semo is just plain awesome! Their "extra" grade isn't very nice but the rest are excellent.
(Their 1800 is of course a mix of extra and premium grades and this combo makes it my favorite boar brush).
Have you got or tried the Semogue 2000?

Have you got or tried the Semogue 2000?

Yes, I had the 2000 a few years back but the bloom was large so I traded it away.
I don't mind a larger bloom on my badger brushes but not boar.

Having said that, it was overall a really nice brush and it's very highly regarded on the forums also.

I preferred the SOC boar to the 2000.it also has a large bloom but just a tad bit more controlled.

But as you may know my opinion: the 1800 is perfection with the 1305 in second place (although the painted handle does present a durability risk).
The 820 would likely be third place in the semo line-up for me.

Still can't believe I sold off most of my boars :facepalm:

oc2yVsZ.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Karve Brass #D
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Paladin Sumo Lapis
Lather: Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Finally some time to play with the Karve - the wonderful Mystic Water lather added to the overall great shave.

I hope you all have a stellar Sunday (y)

Pre: Hot towel, Aloe vera gel
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Red lead

zTnevUll.jpg

Soap: Pb Black Rose
Brush: Omega 10083
Razor: Colonial General
Blade: Feather Pro Super (9)
Nice combo for a Monday morning. Don't know what's going on with this blade, I normally pull up at 5 to 7 shaves for an AC blade, but I'm rolling with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.