Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
K1cNpnhh.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Stirling - Ben Franklin
Brush: 26mm TF KBBB
Razors: Kampfe Star and Breidora (1/4 hollow)
A couple of conversations (with @Sticky and @ and @bald as ) I was convinced to go back and kill the wedge edge and hone again. Again the edge felt good but to no avail. It was better but there was no way I was going to make it past one pass. Bring in the Breidorra........bliss! I finished honing the Breidora last night after I'd done the wedge. Same honing techniques and I was actually happier with how the wedge came up rather than the Breidora. So.........I give up.:banghead::wacky:
3MwcWpjs.jpg

Cat was trying to muscle in on the shot and managed to knock over the set and wave the tail in front of the camera so she makes the footnote. The German Shepherd at this point is beside herself in the dog yard because she just wants to eat the cat. #normal family chaos
😭

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Soaps Hungarian Lavender shaving soap
Razor: Replated Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (8)
Post-shave: APR Lavande Violette splash
Fragrance: Pengaligon's Halfeti EDP

No pic, here or Insta!

YfqtpjAh.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: A&E Grecian Horse
Brush: 20mm Master Badger
Razor: Gillette Black Beauty 109 (7)
Blade: Gillette Red (2)
Boom! Right there. Great shave for a Monday.
@Greenpike , I hadn't come back to the Reds for a while as the last shave was a little harsh but not so today. What razors do you find work well with the Reds?

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Proraso Eucalytpus and Menthol cream
Brush: Whipped Dog 24mm synthetic
Soap/Cream: Derby
Razor: Gillette Black Beauty
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock green (2)
Post-shave: Alum block, Bulldog original aftershave balm, Myrsol Formula C

My first post for a while after a long business trip to Brazil. Stayed is some out of the way places and the hotel bathrooms had cold water taps only so cold water shaves were the order of the day, and my face hated it. My brush choice was poor also, I took a big Omega boar but really should have taken a synthetic. The water tended too be hard which made lathering difficult and I suspect a synthetic would have helped here.

Anyway my best shave in weeks and my face loved the warm water and rich lather which felt like velvet.

DIY lemon myrtle pre shave oil
Progress w/Polsilver
Yaqi synthetic
MWF stick
Abyssinian oil/Sacred Earth splash

Instead of vitamin E oil, I went with the abyssinian oil post shave as it's a lighter oil and soaks right in. I'll see how it goes for my skin over the next few days.

20190610-091349-1.jpg

I look at your SOTD pics and I don't just have shaving envy - I have LIFE envy - who has a life that allows for the set up of pics like these? So classy ...

I believe @Jamie could be a professional photographer

Thank you, gentlemen, no not a Pro photographer although I do come from a Fine Art background, I studied Art & Design and I have always had an interest in photography, If I were a Pro photographer I would specialize in character portraiture, I have exhibited my work in the UK.

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skye Fall
Skye Fall and Thor's hammer sort of day. Very nice and comfortable shave.

hHW0OPF.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Weber PH
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin Sumo Lapis
Lather: Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oi​

The Weber is still such a great razor - it gave me a very close shave today aided by some stellar Mystic Water lather which was whipped up by this beautiful Paladin brush.

I hope you all have a great start into the new week (y)

Last edited:
VBYpzeE.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Weber PH
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin Sumo Lapis
Lather: Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oi​

The Weber is still such a great razor - it gave me a very close shave today aided by some stellar Mystic Water lather which was whipped up by this beautiful Paladin brush.

I hope you all have a great start into the new week (y)
Fancy looking Weber lol :)

Date:- 10 June 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Spice Vitae
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #12
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

YfqtpjAh.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: A&E Grecian Horse
Brush: 20mm Master Badger
Razor: Gillette Black Beauty 109 (7)
Blade: Gillette Red (2)
Boom! Right there. Great shave for a Monday.
@Greenpike , I hadn't come back to the Reds for a while as the last shave was a little harsh but not so today. What razors do you find work well with the Reds?

They are the bestest in the world for my face. I like them in every razor old and new ;-) Just everyone remember to check you're not purchasing the new Czech made ones which are only 70% as good. It's only the old St Petersburg Russian Red and White Gillette branded blades that I vouch for.

Status
Not open for further replies.