Mitchell's Wool Fat
Viktor & Rolf Spice Bomb Extreme Balm
Viktor & Rolf Spice Bomb Extreme Edp

DIY lemon myrtle oil
Rockwell 6S@R6 w/Polsilver
EJ STFv1 25mm
LEA classic tallow puck DIY stick
vitamin E oil

A perfect Dolphin Skin Smooth ("DSS"?) shave today!

My wife commented my skin "looks like glass"!

Seems like everything lined up perfectly today.

20190620-101942-1.jpg

DIY lemon myrtle oil
Rockwell 6S@R6 w/Polsilver
EJ STFv1 25mm
LEA classic tallow puck DIY stick
vitamin E oil

A perfect Dolphin Skin Smooth ("DSS"?) shave today!

My wife commented my skin "looks like glass"!

Seems like everything lined up perfectly today.

20190620-101942-1.jpg

Do you find the Rockwell benefits from a "riding the bar" angle rather than a "riding the cap" angle?

Pre: Hot Towel, Proraso Green
Razor: Leaf
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Green
Nice shave with the Leaf. You really need to throw out the rule book out and apply pressure for it to work well. The Proraso never disappoints, achieved a nice comfortable DFS+. (y)

Pre: Hot Towel, Proraso Green
Razor: Leaf
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Green
Nice shave with the Leaf. You really need to throw out the rule book out and apply pressure for it to work well. The Proraso never disappoints, achieved a nice comfortable DFS+. (y)

Sorry mate, but I cannot "Like" a SOTD post using that thing, that monstrosity, that abomination ...

Do you find the Rockwell benefits from a "riding the bar" angle rather than a "riding the cap" angle?

Yup, it certainly does!
I tend to keep a shallow angle with the Rockwell (riding the bar) and have my most awesome shaves!
That's why I like the merkur progress, as it also requires riding the bar.

The cutting angle of the Rockwell makes it my all time favorite razor, with Karve coming in second due more to it's uber smoothness rather than cutting angle/head geometry.

thanks tim.. i guess time will tell, i plan to shave with it tomorrow.

If not, all good, the timeless fits that slot perfectly. My go to plan of attack may end up with the R41 as my monday 2-3 days growth mower and rest of week the timeless

You might be one of the very few lucky ones, who can get away with a 1 1/2 pass (ATG and buffing) aggressive daily shave...if your skin can take it...

Says he that packs a cart when flying! Would an Injector make it past inspection?
Leaf @Nico alone!:LOL:

Desperate times require desperate measures - but to use by choice AND post a photo of it - I think he lives up to his title ...

Should I bring it at the next CBR meet. :LOL:

You did last time, and I touched it and was polite, but to bring into the SOTD thread ... ;)

Date:- 20 June 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Apricus (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- EJ DE89 / Feather #4
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Rochas Man

Do you think this is an everyday razor?
The R41 is not designed to shave every day as a daily driver, only and IF you shave on the first pass and that's it for a normal DFS might be okay.

There are some wet shavers around the globe using the R41 as a daily driver for every day, only for those who have a very thick tough stubble daily growth can use the R41 as the daily driver.
They don't use a Feather blade as a daily driver, I believe they used the middle of the road blade like Astra Superior Platinum or Perma-Sharp Super would be a better choice as YMMV.

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose shaving soap
Razor: Vintage L 1 Gillette 'Slim" adjustable (5)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (5)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose splash
Fragrance: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose EDP

I can see the end in sight ...

2yH9D87l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.