Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Henry MkII
Brush: Omega 10083
Razor: Jowika 8254

Karve F w/Polsilver
EJ STFv1 23mm
Calani - Oriental Plum
Thayers Lemon

Wonderful BBS with the F plate. No irritation!!

Oriental Plum is just sublime! If the A&E Asian Plum is similar, everyone should jump on it!

20190722-084406-1.jpg

IMG-20190722-152521.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Razor: Blackland Dart
Bowl: Fine Lather bowl
Soap: Pb Robaiba Blue sample
Pre: Pb Pre Shavre Emulsion
Post: Alum block // Bleu Stratos Edu de MO cologne // Australian Cream Tea Tree

A somewhat disappointing BBS SOTD :( Decided to bring out some sample's from @Pbgoose to try and managed to get the prep all good = silky, creamy lather with hydrated skin. Started the first pass and whilst a tad rough, I prepared myself for the second pass when I noticed the blade take a nasty bite out of my check due to the cap/base coming loose :mad: Proceeded to finish the shave but I'm nursing a few weepers and a nasty nick that has since recovered thanks to the trusty Alum block. Not sure about the Nacet's as the Dart is fairly efficient with distinct blade feel so might stick with milder blades just to be safe. Lots of praise for the soap as it lathers up a treat and the scent is very pleasant - thanks again @Pbgoose (y)

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac original

Yeah, I'm a fan of cardamom scents (hence the YSL La Nuit :D). Soaps I overload and get some really good results. I like their aftershave and balm (even if the balm is a bit thick), but the toner is a bit drying on my skin for some reason.
You need MORE!! Wholly Kaw into your den

Date:- 22 July 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Plunder
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'B' / Polsilver Super Iridium #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss Intense

fZF8dufl.jpg

Travelling samples box shave:

As promised to @Mark1966 i’d use the Wickhams soap so today it was. Very nice soap that I loaded from an empty container which had a little spread nicely over the base for coverage. This gave excellent protection for my Karve C and fresh Gillette Platinum blade. Slickness was also good. The scent was described at the meetup as being like Imperial Leather soap. I used that for years and yes it definitely has that resemblance. I notice that wickhams has a reasonable variety of scents so picking one that appeals would not be hard.

Paired with the Squadron Group Captains Blend - O.M.G...
This splash is to die for! Feels fantastic being applied and feels very good for the skin. Scent is also a favourite along with the likes of Florian, Ozymandias and Skye Fall. This is an Aussie gem right here!

Status
Not open for further replies.