Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soaps LE Tim Keech Memorial Auction 2018 shaving soap
Razor: Vintage L 1 Gillette 'Slim" adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Post-shave: Squadron Soaps LE Tim Keech Memorial Auction 2018 splash
Fragrance: N/A

Still basking in the warm afterglow of the wonderful $4,347.20 effort in the 2019 auction - well done, dare I say it, gentlemen!

9PagBogl.jpg

Is 'gentlemen' equally verboten as 'gents'?

Birthday Shave!

No photo today unfortunately, as i was staying in the city for a long weekend. I guess i should have been more prepared huh?

Pre- hot hotel shower (water pressure was phenomenal too!)
Brush- Yaqi Timber Wolf
Soap- Palmira Serbian soap
Razor- Karve Brass 'C'
Blade- Gillette Platinum
Post- Squadron Group Captain's Blend

I never really feel i get a fantastic shave when im staying in hotels. Not sure why, possibly its to do with the hardness of water, or the lighting of the bathroom, or maybe that i dont normally sleep as well when its not my bed and pillow, and the skin doesnt feel the same as when im at home. Anyway, today was about as good as i could get with 2.5 passes. No cuts or irritation present.
The soap is a sample from the first social meetup from earlier this year. I was drawn to the scent and its performance its really pretty good. Not quite APR, DG or Stirling performance, but better than ToBS or Proraso, and dirt cheap on ebay.

Looking forward to getting to some more soap samples from the PCTSB tomorrow again.

Congrats to EVERYONE who partook in the auctions too!
You winners are winners in every aspect - but for some items i personally had my eye on, I have another expression for you that cannot be repeated here! But the charity is the real winner....

Birthday Shave!

No photo today unfortunately, as i was staying in the city for a long weekend. I guess i should have been more prepared huh?

Brush- Yaqi Timber Wolf
Razor- Karve Brass 'C'
Blade- Gillette Platinum

I never really feel i get a fantastic shave when im staying in hotels. Not sure why, possibly its to do with the hardness of water, or the lighting of the bathroom, or maybe that i dont normally sleep as well when its not my bed and pillow, and the skin doesnt feel the same as when im at home. Anyway, today was about as good as i could get with 2.5 passes. No cuts or irritation present.
The soap is a sample from the first social meetup from earlier this year. I was drawn to the scent and its performance its really pretty good. Not quite APR, DG or Stirling performance, but better than ToBS or Proraso, and dirt cheap on ebay.

Looking forward to getting to some more soap samples from the PCTSB tomorrow again.

You winners are winners in every aspect - but for some items i personally had my eye on, I have another expression for you that cannot be repeated here! But the charity is the real winner....
Happy birthday @tim33z - hope you have a fantastic day and year ahead (y)(y)(y)

Birthday Shave!

Brush- Yaqi Timber Wolf
Razor- Karve Brass 'C'
Blade- Gillette Platinum

Happy birthday bloke.

Birthday Shave!

Brush- Yaqi Timber Wolf
Razor- Karve Brass 'C'
Blade- Gillette Platinum

Happy birthday @tim33z - hope you have a fantastic day and year ahead (y)(y)(y)

What he said!

Al's Shaving, Goodfellas
Astra
ATT Windsor Cap, Copper baseplate, regular, Bamboo handle
Simpsons, Tulip 3, Manchurian

I really like the scent on this cream, so will be sad when I finish it. But it is not the slickest, so I will not be looking to replace it.

Comparing yesterday's shave with the open comb slant head from ATT, to today's was interesting. On paper, you would assume that the open comb slant would be more aggressive. However, I do not find this to be the case. For me, the Windsor has slightly more blade feel (read less comfortable - marginally), but surprisingly, is less efficient. I love the S2 head and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Happy Birthday @tim33z

To merely echo everyone else's sentiments. Well done to all of the winners and organisers of the charity auction. An amazing effort by all involved and I feel privileged to be part of such a great community. I'm now going on an enforced sabbatical so that I can save up a good war chest for next year. Bring it on.

Brush: RR 400
Blade: Perma Sharp (1)
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Bowl: Fine Lather bowl
Soap: APR Ozymandias
Pre: Shower
Post: APR Ozymandias splash // Vaseline Intensive Care Moisturiser

A winner on so many levels. Top 2 winter scent and top 5 soap for performance :love: Happy shaves!

Birthday Shave!

Brush- Yaqi Timber Wolf
Razor- Karve Brass 'C'
Blade- Gillette Platinum

Happy birthday!!

I'm the same as you...I never have as good a shave when I'm not at home! So strange!!

Birthday Shave!

Brush- Yaqi Timber Wolf
Razor- Karve Brass 'C'
Blade- Gillette Platinum

happy bday mate!!

Trivial!? Older posts on the forum suggest that was not a trivial offense.:watching::LOL: An opportunity to test those new powers?!!
With trivial I meant the who not the what - and in case it is unclear - in a sarcastic manner ;)

GkXugcw.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: B&R Adjustable (2.5/1)
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7 Turquoise
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday (y)

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with14mm x 85mm dimpled handle.
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Blades
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac

Status
Not open for further replies.