Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Cold water 'n Goats milk soap wash
Razor: The Joint venture "Parthenon" V2 adjustable by WieShie and QShave setting No#4.. I really don't know why this got a bad rap, I really enjoy using it and it never clogs on me.
Blade: V Supermax SS..... New blade for me and can't say much other than I got a decent shave, BBS after a 3 way shave. Lot of refreshing burn when using AS, maybe too much lol. Wasn't anything bad about the blade I guess but just didn't ring any bells for me...meh.
Brush: Grandslam pure Badger (Xmas gift) Feels super soft and nice when dry but once wet after a few mins is a bit too soft and just floppy. Oh and I think they used hair only from around the Badgers Ass, least it smells like it :sick:
Soap: Proraso Aloe Vera & Vit E cream, nice 'n slick I really like it, I think without it this shave would have been a bummer.
Post: Cold water rinse and AS was traditional bay rum finished with a face 'n beard conditioner (y)

IEVlsYI.jpg

Date:- 28 December 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Lime
Razor/Blade:- Muhle R89 attached to iKon Bulldog / Wizamet Super Iridium #4
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

IMG-20191228-161228.jpg

Brush: RR boar
Razor: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum (4)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira's Destructible Shaving Bowl
Soap: APR Suitably Attired Australian
Post: Alum block // APR Suitably Attired Australian splash

Simply beautiful! Happy shaves :)

ewVIIBil.jpg

This mornings shave was after walking the dogs and since it was beginning to heat up early, I went with my coldest soap. It’s bloody cold and during the shave I began to consider offloading this one. If it’s not enjoyable to use, why go through the pain of watering eyes? It just makes me want to rush the shave and that’s where problems start.

Nevertheless, I had no such problems even with the WR2 so maybe this is acceptable coldness for me. But once it’s gone, I’m not venturing back into glacial territory again...

Date:- 29 December 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Executive Man
Razor/Blade:- Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic / Personna PTFE Coated Injector #2
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

29 December 2019
4QAvtyr.jpg

Gillette Super Blue + MR11 / Astra SP
Simpson Colonel X2L
Ingram (UK)
Nivea Protect & Care 2 Phase AS
A fairly hot one today had called for a refreshing shave with menthol. As mentioned in the finished products sticky, I finally managed to pour-out my last few drops of this shaving cream for a very pleasant shave.
Season's Greetings to all, stay safe & see you around in the New Year.

Pre: Wasn't going to bother with a shower today but after doing some turning on the lathe and covered in shavings I enjoyed a nice hot shower
Brush: Yaqi Marpat 2 band badger - this is becoming one of my fav brushes except handle is a bit small for my big mitts
Soap: TOBS sandalwood - love the scent
Blade: Israeli reds
Razor: Rockwell 6S plate No#4
Post: Witch Hazel with Tea Tree and AS was Nelum sandalwood lotion

RjFKu9E.jpg

SOTD 29/12/2019
IMDWC7Th.jpg

Now Kylo Ren had some explaining to do. Whilst he thought he had his planet destroying canon (hey this lego Star Wars, weapons specs fully optioned) directed at Yavin 4, it turned out to be Pb Spiced Orange of SOTD 29122019.

Soap: Pb Spiced Orange
Brush: Vie Long Horse/Badger
Razor: TI Flower Pattern
Magnificent shave after 3 days growth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.