Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You carefully peel off the Pasteur label and reaffix it to your sexy new glass bottle. :D
Don’t tell @Mark1966 all your sexy tricks, otherwise, Mrs @Mark1966 will bring out her deadliest wooden kitchen rolling pin.

giphy.gif

Pre-shave: PAA Mentholated Prickly Pear ATG Pre-Shave Soap
Brush: Omega 10083
Soap/Cream: PAA Crown King Porthos
Razor: RazoRock Lupo
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (4)
Post-shave: Alum block, Witch hazel, Bulldog original aftershave balm, B&M Reserve Spice
Hair Tonic: Jeris

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C Charity Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 "Slim" (7)
Blade: NOS Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (9)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum EDT

Same sort of cold foggy morning - Bay Rum still perfect.

cT7vGWvl.jpg

... The bold Clubman Special Reserve scent ...

This would have been a good alternative!

You carefully peel off the Pasteur label and reaffix it to your sexy new glass bottle. :D

But I don't have a sexy Myrsol bottle! I've sold all my Myrsol :(

The vintage P74 blades were bonded together tightly, and the usual alcohol soak and gentle heating were unsuccessful in freeing them up.
A little dispenser surgery, and they are now all neatly tucked away in a Wilkie box...

Nice rescue job - well done mate!

... you just have to gently brush them across your face and they erase growth as if it is simply not there ...

The stuff of legend ...

guGIwfW.jpg

Tuesday‌ ‌07.07.20 ‌SOTD‌
Gillette‌ ‌’53 Y1 ‘40s‌ style Super-Speed‌ set
Personna‌ ‌Platinum‌ ‌Chrome‌ ‌Israeli‌ ‌Red‌
APShaveCo. 24MM APLuxury Bulb w/ Summer Handle
Taylor of Old Bond Street Peppermint Shaving Cream
Taylor of Old Bond Street Aftershave Balm

BbEiJaX.jpg

SOTD 6/7/20

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Yaqi Mellon Head
Blade: Feather
Brush: Yaqi Pony Knot
Soap: Sqaudron – Group Captains Blend

As intimidating as the ‘double OC’ yaqi mellon head looks, it is quite mild. I would put it around plate 4 of a rockwell 6C and super super smooth. Didn’t reach BBS after three passes but an excellent DFS. I do like this razor!!!

50085185352_2feb7afc05_b.jpg

Feather AC DX non-folding
Feather pro blade (16)
P&C Platypus 26mm fan
Crabtree and Evelyn Nomad cream
Nivea ASB
CK Eternity

Back to the Feather for a 3 pass BBS. Got one small cut, which is probably a reflection that the blade is coming to an end. Onto the next item in the cupboard to work my way through - my tube of Nomad cream. Again, the performance is not bad when used in a totally wasteful fashion... and actually the scent is pretty good on this one.

Feather AC DX non-folding
Feather pro blade (16)
P&C Platypus 26mm fan
Crabtree and Evelyn Nomad cream
Nivea ASB
CK Eternity

Back to the Feather for a 3 pass BBS. Got one small cut, which is probably a reflection that the blade is coming to an end. Onto the next item in the cupboard to work my way through - my tube of Nomad cream. Again, the performance is not bad when used in a totally wasteful fashion... and actually the scent is pretty good on this one.
@RazorPlay have you ever use a CJB GR-100B straight kamisori shavette? over your Feather AC DX non-folding, it's available on eBay.

s-l1600.jpg

@RazorPlay have you ever use a CJB GR-100B straight kamisori shavette? over your Feather AC DX non-folding, it's available on eBay.

Nope. If I was to get another AC type razor, it would be a folder, just to compare. If the CJB has the same head profile as the DX, it could be a good option. I'm not sold on the "bulb" profile of AC SS razors, although I've never actually tried them. My main purpose for these razors is to get as low as possible for the ATG pass a good BBS - the "bulb" profile doesn't appear to help that.

I'm not aware of a cheap folder without the bulb profile. The cost of a new folding DX is a strong disincentive to go down that path. The other issue is that I want to simplify my shaving life (hence why I am just trying to finish the soaps / creams I already have) and still can't decide whether I want to get rid of my DEs or my AC razor. Need to go back to DEs again for awhile to compare properly... before I decide what should be my "forever" razor.

Nope. If I was to get another AC type razor, it would be a folder, just to compare. If the CJB has the same head profile as the DX, it could be a good option. I'm not sold on the "bulb" profile of AC SS razors, although I've never actually tried them. My main purpose for these razors is to get as low as possible for the ATG pass a good BBS - the "bulb" profile doesn't appear to help that.

I'm not aware of a cheap folder without the bulb profile. The cost of a new folding DX is a strong disincentive to go down that path. The other issue is that I want to simplify my shaving life (hence why I am just trying to finish the soaps / creams I already have) and still can't decide whether I want to get rid of my DEs or my AC razor. Need to go back to DEs again for awhile to compare properly... before I decide what should be my "forever" razor.
Are you aware the CJB GR-100B straight kamisori? cost half the price of the Feather AC DX non-folding.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Semogue 1305 boar
Soap/Cream: B&M Cheshire
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Post-shave: TN Dickinson witch hazel
Splash: Pinaud Clubman Musk

As I've mentioned previously, the Blackbird has plenty of blade feel, which I quite like. However as I cycled through my blade collection I wondered if something I eventually used would reduce that a bit. Nope, but then my new Fine lather bowl turned up along with a few GSB blades and they turned out to be the ticket, delivering a DFS with somewhat less blade forward feel. I won't stop using the others, but it's good to know my options are not so one dimensional. The sample of Cheshire from Gargravarr arrived today (thanks mate) and I chipped less than a half teaspoon into the Fine and soon had a copious and slick lather. I can even detect the Early Grey aroma, which is a plus as I am olfactory challenged! Almost time to put the Blackbird up for a while as my GC, Karve and Yintal are feeling neglected.

Brush: TF Custom Clear/Black/Yellow 26mm 2 Band Finest Shaving Brush
Razor: Wolfman WR2 .95 +WRH7 - on loan from @Nico (y)(y)(y)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Soap: Declaration Grooming Trismegistus
Pre: Shower
Post: Mr Royal cologne // AP Reserve Escentials Restoration Serum // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented balm

Had a minor medical procedure this morning so no time for a picture :( Happens I used the WR2 with the 1.05 plate 1st shave so tried the .95 plate and just as good :love: Its hard not to like the Wolfman as it shaves so smoothly and trims the trouble spots like no DE I've yet to try (y)(y)(y) Greatful to @Nico for the loan and saving some $$$ as I think I've found my RAD killer but still have a couple razors to try before I decide... Happy shaves!

Pre: Hot shower then hot towel
Soap: Wholly Kaw Project Leather
Bowl/Scuttle: Before & After
Brush: Semogue 730 HD Silvertip Badger
Razor: Muhle R41 Rose Gold
Blade: Feather
A/S Proraso Cyprus and Vetiver

Yes the R41 with a feather tonight I may be mad! But, hello how efficient is this! 2 passes and a touch up and turned up BBS. I seriously thought it was going to be too much blade in an aggressive razor that is not matched but it has proven me wrong. This may well be a paradigm shift for chasing smooth and efficient, only came up with one weeper. There was a fair amount of sting when applying the alum but as soon as the aftershave was applied my skin felt great. Happy as!

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Vie-Long 14025 Mix Badger and Horse Hair
Soap:- Stirling - Sandpiper
Razors:- Razorock Gamechanger .84-P
Blade:- Nacet (4)
Aftershave:- Stirling - Sandpiper

fERejRW.jpg

The Badger/Horse is definitely softer than Badger/Boar good for painting strokes

Status
Not open for further replies.