Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible to use. Also, the handle itself is so damn comfy in my mitts.
I may or may not have another handle coming from USA that will likely get sent for a 3rd Rhodium....
Happy to see as the shape and finish look truly amazing. :love: I was hoping to potentially add another Rhodium but the there's quite a backlog... Who would've known they'd become so popular!? :LOL:

My first SOTD here:

Soap: Noble Otter Hamami
Razor: RR GC-JAWS
Blade: Nacet (4) last outing for this one.
Scuttle: Captain's Choice "Tempest"
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo

And what a lovely picture it is (y)

And here is MY first SOTD post:

Soap: Wholly Kaw Fougere Mania
Brush: Yaqi 26mm rainbow (pony knot)
Razor: Rockwell 6S
Blade: Gillette Nacet
A/S: Thayers cucumber + Stray Whisker After Balm (which I very highly rate)

:)

9-Nfarkg-RT7-Kiyf-Zl-Ffm7o-A.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express 24mm Mew Brown knot
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw Jamestown Gentleman
Razor: Ever-Ready SE 'Model 1914' aka 'Little Lather Catcher'
Blade: Gem (3)
Post-shave: Thayers Witch Hazel / Pinaud Clubman musk

A change of pace; didn't really need a shave today but a new brush called, and it seems very nice. I'm no expert with regards to lathering, and haven't used the WK much, but it seemed to want a lot of added water. Is that a characteristic of synthetics? These Gem blades seem very sharp, and apart from getting accustomed to the slightly peculiar head angle it was a terrific shave. The head angle makes it hard to not ride the cap in certain positions methinks...

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Vitos Menthol and Eucalyptus shaving soap
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Polsilver "Brown" (4)
Post-shave: TSW After Balm
Fragrance: Herbal Cologne Splash

Nice shave, shame about the face!

HCs2LRQl.jpg

... or was that fez?

Last edited:
Date:- 16 September 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Silver Blue #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

I’ve been giving my face a 3 good days rest from my last mid bloodbath shave, using my Feather AC-SS since I haven’t been using for nearly 3 an half years... SHIT!

Hopefully I’ll get back into the ballgame again on Friday using my Feather AC-SS.

Gillette Red Tip Rocket
Gillette Aussie Spoiler 1984 @ 12
Proraso Green
Vie-Longue Horse
Old Spice Knockoff from Family Dollar

Another great shave provided by the Australian steel.

Edit:
Wee mix-up for my Sept 10 entry, I used Gillette Wild Rain AF not Old Spice Knockoff.
It was for a special occasion.

The advantages of being isolated in Thylasine country , is you have some fantasitc scenary for SOTD pics (y)
Yep, I can easily find a different tree-stump for every day of the year. :p Sometimes, when the weather's warm, I'll take a big pot of hot water out into the forest and sit there to shave. No better Zen moment than that...

Yep, I can easily find a different tree-stump for every day of the year. :p Sometimes, when the weather's warm, I'll take a big pot of hot water out into the forest and sit there to shave. No better Zen moment than that...
Absolutely brilliant idea.
I am on an acre in the Blue Mountains,and what a way to start the day.
I normally have some winged assistants when I shave,even once a Green Tree Snake,all good.
Tomorrow I may try that,the neighbours cannot think less of me

Absolutely brilliant idea.
I am on an acre in the Blue Mountains,and what a way to start the day.
I normally have some winged assistants when I shave,even once a Green Tree Snake,all good.
Tomorrow I may try that,the neighbours cannot think less of me
I sort of have to watch out for tiger snakes here, but so long as I make a bit of noise from time to time it's not a problem. My closest neighbour is nearly 2km away, so no need to dress up... :p

We have red bellied blacks here,hence no Eastern Browns.
I cannot understand why people are so hostile to them
You live in the Blue Mountains,you have snakes,just logic
We saw a beautiful Red Bellied Black on Monday,he was minding his own business,so we observed him until he went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.