Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHO CARES if your wasting shaving soap.... IT'S ONLY BLOODY SOAP!!!.... Stop becoming the smallest lather loading dickhead
How come you're OK with getting through soap but being tight with blades? It's not as if you're short of blades.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
And from a soap maker.........ITS NOT JUST BLOODY SOAP!! But I am OK with being liberal with soap and blades.

How come you're OK with getting through soap but being tight with blades? It's not as if you're short of blades.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
And from a soap maker.........ITS NOT JUST BLOODY SOAP!! But I am OK with being liberal with soap and blades.
IF, it’s not just bloody soap, what would it be, if the blade couldn’t glide very smoothly with zero pressure from a very good dense slick lather. Sounds like a wet shaver who’s a cheapskate arsehole with smallest lather loading dickhead, shaving with a scrapper sandpaper blade throughout the whole shave and throw the blade in a tin can after every second shave.

Stop becoming the smallest lather loading dickhead
Are you talking to me @SpeedyPC? Sounds like advice I give myself :)
I find PSI to be the best mileage out of all blades tested and usually swapped out because of a burr and not dull. A strop on the arm to remove the burr and good for another few shaves.

K55SreW.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Frank Shaving - 24mm Manchurian Finest Badger
Soap:- Stirling Barbershop
Razor:- Charcoal Goods Lvl2 Gen 1 Brass with Torpedo Handle
Blade:- Polsilver (7)
Post-shave:- Stirling Barbershop

Mighty impressed with the FS Manchurian. Dense and firm without being spongey or scritchy. Excellent quality for the price.
Hitting the sweet spot with CG and could stop at 1 pass if didn't enjoy the ceremony of shaving so much.
On very 1st shave with the CG somehow managed to give myself 3 x 2cm slashes at the jawline which made me back off the pressure for a while but now dialed in to perfection

Are you talking to me @SpeedyPC? Sounds like advice I give myself :)
I find PSI to be the best mileage out of all blades tested and usually swapped out because of a burr and not dull. A strop on the arm to remove the burr and good for another few shaves.

K55SreW.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Frank Shaving - 24mm Manchurian Finest Badger
Soap:- Stirling Barbershop
Razor:- Charcoal Goods Lvl2 Gen 1 Brass with Torpedo Handle
Blade:- Polsilver (7)
Post-shave:- Stirling Barbershop

Mighty impressed with the FS Manchurian. Dense and firm without being spongey or scritchy. Excellent quality for the price.
Hitting the sweet spot with CG and could stop at 1 pass if didn't enjoy the ceremony of shaving so much.
On very 1st shave with the CG somehow managed to give myself 3 x 2cm slashes at the jawline which made me back off the pressure for a while but now dialed in to perfection
I don’t know? Are you becoming a cheapskate smallest lather loading dickhead, otherwise, you wouldn’t stretching your blade to the maximum without a very good hydrated slick lather during your shaves.

I can stretch the blade, because, I have more encouragement than you.

1. Shower first before a shave.
2. Always maintain a very good hydrated dense slick lather throughout the whole shave.... WHO CARES if your wasting shaving soap.... IT'S ONLY BLOODY SOAP!!!.... Stop becoming the smallest lather loading dickhead
3. I always do a three-pass shave, always maintain ZERO pressure throughout the whole to avoid irritation and razor burn. STOP!! chasing a BBS, I'm very happy with a DFS.
4. I always FLIP! the blade over every second or third shave, NOT per passes during the shave, depending on the blade and the aggression type of razor.

8th use on a Astra SP, never thought it would get past 3 or 4.
A few things I have noticed. Daily shaving especially WTG passes only, appears for me to greatly increase the blade longetivity so far. I will need to further investigate this over time.

nMrl1Qn.jpg

Tuesday‌ ‌09.22.20 ‌SOTD‌
Gillette ‘32 New SC Gold Common Bar
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
WCS Two-Tone Tall Synthetic BOSS Knot
Barrister‌ ‌and‌ ‌Mann‌ ‌Cheshire‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌
Barrister‌ ‌And‌ ‌Mann‌ Cheshire‌ ‌Aftershave‌

nMrl1Qn.jpg

Tuesday‌ ‌09.22.20 ‌SOTD‌
Gillette ‘32 New SC Gold Common Bar
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
WCS Two-Tone Tall Synthetic BOSS Knot
Barrister‌ ‌and‌ ‌Mann‌ ‌Cheshire‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌
Barrister‌ ‌And‌ ‌Mann‌ Cheshire‌ ‌Aftershave‌
Hey @klinker I’ve completely forgotten about, what’s the difference between the New SC & LC, otherwise, I’m guessing the SC is more aggressive than the LC???

Actually, that's a good point. I spend a heap more on my soap than on my blades. I think I only have about 5 years' supply of my favorite blades, so if someone drops the Bomb on St Petersburg I might be in trouble. I suppose I could always use those Euromax blades that keep piling up in a drawer... :unsure: but maybe I'd just let everything grow first...:rolleyes:

But Speedy must have spent thousands on his soap collection...

Hey @klinker I’ve completely forgotten about, what’s the difference between the New SC & LC, otherwise, I’m guessing the SC is more aggressive than the LC???
While some find the SC harsher and more aggressive than the LC; for me the SC is the best balance of smoothness and efficiency of any Gilllette OC.

While some find the SC harsher and more aggressive than the LC; for me the SC is the best balance of smoothness and efficiency of any Gilllette OC.
I guess I’ll have to wait for SC to arrive soon in the mail from Victoria, compare both shaves with SC and the LC.

I'll be very interested on your opinion after comparing the two.
That’s why, I’ve been reading mix reviews on the SC vs LC. More importantly is also depending on the type of blades I have in my den, providing the balance of smoothness and efficiency between the SC vs LC.

That’s why, I’ve been reading mix reviews on the SC vs LC. More importantly is also depending on the type of blades I have in my den, providing the balance of smoothness and efficiency between the SC vs LC.
No questiom the blade choice will affect performance. I have had the best luck with the following three in this order:
1) Feather
2) Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
3) Gillette‌ ‌Nacet‌ Stainless

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR / Noble Otter TEXAUS shaving soap
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (5)
Post-shave: APR / Noble Otter TEXAUS splash
Fragrance: N/A

Great shave again - how does this happen so regularly?

6qqXPNzl.jpg

IMG-20200922-221252-1.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Blue and Gold 30mm Tuxedo
Razor: Italian Barger Wunderbar Ti
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Soap: Mikes Natural Soaps Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Pre: Shower + PAA Prickly Pear mentholated pre-shave soap
Post: Australian Private Reserve Bombora splash // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented balm
ATG, XTG, WTG = DFS+

A truly enjoyable shave with this setup... Happy shaves!

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Yaqi - Betelgese 28mm tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw - Scentropy
Razor: Karve CB - SB (F) plate
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (8)
Post-shave: Wholly Kaw - Scentropy PS Toner / Swisse - Daily Face Moisturiser

2 pass WTG + touchups DFS.
Good daily shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.