Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Wolf Whiskers - Granny Apple 25mm blackwolf ultra fan
Soap/Cream: A&E - Frozen Mojitos
Razor: Muhle - Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Post-shave: A&E - Frozen Mohitos AS splash / Nivea Men - Deep Moisuriser

2 pass WTG XTG + touchups = DFS+. Never had much luck in other razors with this blade, let's see how it likes the Rocca.

2lhEv04l.jpg

Soap: Pb 40 Thieves
Brush: Matilda
Razor: SS Hawk
Blade: Kai Titan Mild (4)
I'm taking the Kai out of the SS Hawk. Keep ending up in weeperville which is weird as both the other options are theoretically more aggressive but I've had better shaves with them.

2lhEv04l.jpg

Soap: Pb 40 Thieves
Brush: Matilda
Razor: SS Hawk
Blade: Kai Titan Mild (4)
I'm taking the Kai out of the SS Hawk. Keep ending up in weeperville which is weird as both the other options are theoretically more aggressive but I've had better shaves with them.
Have you tried Schick Proline P-30? the SE blade feels very similar to Polsiver and Wizamet Super Iridium, not too edgy or sometimes harsh either Feather AC Pro Super or Professional SE

Gillette Poplular Model + Rhodium knot
Charcoal Goods, lvl 2, CC, maze handle
The Dude

Thanks to @Ozymandias for this one. I wanted it, purely from an absolute love of the movie perspective. Performance was solid, but not outstanding and as for the scent, I get more 'sour milk' than anything else. Will not be in a hurry to re-use. The quality of the label is also very poor.​

Gillette Poplular Model + Rhodium knot
Charcoal Goods, lvl 2, CC, maze handle
The Dude

Thanks to @Ozymandias for this one. I wanted it, purely from an absolute love of the movie perspective. Performance was solid, but not outstanding and as for the scent, I get more 'sour milk' than anything else. Will not be in a hurry to re-use. The quality of the label is also very poor.​
Sorry to hear you didn’t like the scent @Rabid Badger. It’s very unique, but I didn’t mind it myself. I also liked the performance but as I said before, I found something in it (? fragrance oil) reacted with my skin and caused a burning sensation.​

I desperately wanted to like this soap and had to give it a whirl. Just had to own a product that linked two of my great loves: The Big Lebowski and wet shaving!!

Agree re the label btw. Pretty sloppy and unprofessional compared with most artisan soaps in my den 😕

Sorry to hear you didn’t like the scent @Rabid Badger. It’s very unique, but I didn’t mind it myself. I also liked the performance but as I said before, I found something in it (? fragrance oil) reacted with my skin and caused a burning sensation.​

I desperately wanted to like this soap and had to give it a whirl. Just had to own a product that linked two of my great loves: The Big Lebowski and wet shaving!!

Agree re the label btw. Pretty sloppy and unprofessional compared with most artisan soaps in my den 😕
Two of my favourites too. I can't recall just how many times I have watched The Big Lebowski. Years ago, I went to a Big Lewbowski Fest in London. It was a fancy dress bowling tournament. Somehow I actually won! (the bowling, not the fancy dress)

Pre: Shower
Razor: Rocca R95
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Mew Brown
Soap: A&E Peaches & Cognac

love this scent.. a strong presence of peach to begin with, then comes the cognac to bozzify the lovely peach scent.. the peach doesnt go away but blends in with the cognac.. love the medusa graphics and really nice scent for summer

50753757282_e3166e8471_b.jpg

Pre: Shower
Razor: Rocca R95
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Mew Brown
Soap: A&E Peaches & Cognac

love this scent.. a strong presence of peach to begin with, then comes the cognac to bozzify the lovely peach scent.. the peach doesnt go away but blends in with the cognac.. love the medusa graphics and really nice scent for summer

50753757282_e3166e8471_b.jpg
I’m glad you love :love: Peaches & Cognac, great for spring and summer season.

I guess it's just possible that's a dud blade. One day I'd like to try a Kai blade in the Vector, but availability is a struggle. I've found it striking that all the alternatives are so good in different ways, even the cheapie Chinese blades.
Have you tried Schick Proline P-30? the SE blade feels very similar to Polsiver and Wizamet Super Iridium...
I like the Proline too, the comparison with Polsilver is appropriate.

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Rainbow Pony Synth. 26/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Christmas Eve
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

I'm totally confused? I find the Gillette Nacets feels exactly the same as the Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow, but, somehow I'm going completely nuts either the Yellow felt much smoother than the Nacets :banghead:

Somehow I feel completely gone backwards or back to front, has anybody tested all they're razors Nacets vs 7 O'Clock Yellow :wideyed:

PS. @klinker stop being a wimp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.