Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
eTUkgXDl.jpg

The steak tartare is probably the highlight of a less than glamorous day of international travel for work. The gloomy weather outside doesn’t matter when you spend the day in your hotel room working on a less than ergonomic chair.

Receiving an email advising that the conference you were to be attending later in the week is cancelled (thanks COVID-19) and then having to rearrange travel is just the icing on the cake.

No, this is not a whinge, I’m very blessed with the opportunities I have and I do get to get home to family quicker than expected. Just a reminder that life is not always what you see on social media or shaving forums!

The other thing that travel does is give you time to reflect on the wonderful family and friends you know IRL. I have lots of great family and friends - and I'd probably include people here among the people I value and appreciate.

Why not tell somebody today how much they mean to you? After you have a shave of course!
giphy.gif

80OzXHz.jpg

Razor: Wolfman WR1 SB-P WRH2 SS
Blade: Voskhod(1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Matilda Prototype V1
Lather: Mike's Rum

Super close shave with the WR 1 - the brush is starting to really impress!

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday (y)

Last edited:
Date:- 03 March 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Seville
Razor/Blade:- Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic / Schick Proline B20 #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Charcoal Goods Level-2 base plate, limited edition Victorian.
Blade: Gillette Rubie
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Fine Snake Bite
WTG, ATG and touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
The Charcoal Goods Level-2 continues to impress. This is a gorgeous razor that delivers a close comfortable shave with little blade feel.
Surprised @Razor Burn hasn't dropped a PM for a loan. ;)

Thanks again for the kind offer mate, I'll happily wait for the next Meet Up in anticipation of seeing the beauty close up and then arranging a loan (y)

Thought I'd take the PILS for a quick shave before committing to trial the Karve with various blades for the next few months
cgESENn.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower/Bloom Water
Brush: Semogue - Excelsior 1460 Boar Brush
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Green Man Fougere
Razor: PILS
Blade: Astra (1)
Aftershave: Murphy & McNeil Green Man Fougere
First impression of PILS: It is a precision tool with a heavy head. Simplest blade loading process with 4 corner anchor points and 2 piece razor like the Merkur's.
The shave was DFS after 2 pass and would struggle to achieve the elusive BBS without going ATG and touch-ups. The safety bar provided much confidence that I would not nick myself unless really careless and haphazard.
I did not get on with the bulky head of R6S but the PILS performed much better. The only negative (other than not achieving single pass BBS ) was the thick blade covers made it a bit difficult to navigate XTG under the nose and right into the nostrils but once I adjusted still achieved DFS.:cautious: I am sure a smooth and efficient BBS will be achieved with the right blade combo.

Razor: Smart Helix Apollo, Mild Plate
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Blades
Soap: RazoRock Blue Barbershop
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard
Another outstanding shave with the Helix. Nice and efficient with just the right amount of blade feel for this old bloke.
I would like to say thank you everyone for making this an amazing and fun forum. :)

Razor: Smart Helix Apollo, Mild Plate
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Blades
Soap: RazoRock Blue Barbershop
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard
Another outstanding shave with the Helix. Nice and efficient with just the right amount of blade feel for this old bloke.
I would like to say thank you everyone for making this an amazing and fun forum. :)

I bet this soap reminds you of your Antarctic adventure!

Final day of trip, coming home early as conference I was meant to be attending from tomorrow cancelled yesterday because of COVID19.

Got out of the hotel room this morning while it was sunny (and cold), Rotterdam is still weird -

ihV4EjCm.jpg
uCUZvLYm.jpg
MPQWBGEm.jpg

They are even STILL building this stuff -

Bonus points if you can spot me in the reflection (you might need to click on the link and enlarge) -

Pick the church -

t5YthOam.jpg
sqKWgEBm.jpg

Correct, the one on the right, the other is a conference venue ...

I shaved

Brush: Omega (Proraso) boar
Razor: RR Game Changer .84P // RR Wunderbar Ti
Blade: Polsilver SI (5)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira Shavery Lathering Bowl
Soap: Cella
Post: APR Restoration Peptide Concentrate Serum 15ml Tester A // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented Balm

My last two SOTD with similar setup and satisfactory results. The .84P is a great daily shaver and the Wunderbar gives efficient shaves with minimal blade feel. Enjoying the results from Cella with the scent still holding up despite being in a draw for a while. Finally used up the Serum and man is my skin felling it as I've noticed some minor breakouts that weren't present the last 2 months :( Saying that the Balm is a great alternative even though its on the thicker side. I think it was a hand me down from @tullfan...? Happy shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.