Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Sorro
Brush: Omega 10083
Razor: Breidora
AS: Pb TOL

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Tim Keech Memorial Auction 2018 soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless "Aussie Spoiler" (5)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Tim Keech Memorial Auction 2018 splash
Fragrance: N/A

"You smell nice" - does she mean by saying that this morning that other mornings I don't? Not sure, but this one from @SchoolForAnts is certainly a winner!

He's still got it.......he's just not sure what.:woot::LOL:

yeah love this soap base, and the lavender scent.. you have helped me decide on todays SOTD soap, along with @SteveD83 inspiration with the Gillette adjustable
I do want to try the milksteak soaps, that everyone seems to rave about, but I am on a self imposed soap sabbatical. Hopefully by the time my sabbatical ends there will be a new 'the next best soap'... In the mean time I will enjoy the 4 B&M reserve soaps that I have.

Pre-shave:- Shower/Bloom Water
Brush:- New Forest 2213 Finest Silvertip
Soap:- Murphy & McNeil - CatSidhe
Razor:- Fatip - Piccolo
Blade:- Astra SP(1)
Aftershave:- Stirling – WHAM
GII6W3r.jpg

Similar smoothness and aggression to the Karve OC-D but not as efficient

Pre-shave:- Shower/Bloom Water
Brush:- New Forest 2213 Finest Silvertip
Soap:- Murphy & McNeil - CatSidhe
Razor:- Fatip - Piccolo
Blade:- Astra SP(1)
Aftershave:- Stirling – WHAM
GII6W3r.jpg

Similar smoothness and aggression to the Karve OC-D but not as efficient

love the jack russell mug!!!

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Wolfman WR2, SB 0.95, WRH7 Handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougère
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

Date:- 16 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Ravish
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Wizamet Super Iridium #12
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

My first SOTD post.

Brush: Yaqi mysterious space badger 24mm
Soap/Cream: Barrister & Mann - Cologne Russe AKA car wash candy wax
Razor: Gillette New Type long comb
Blade: Personna israeli red (1)
Post-shave: Stirling unscented balm

What is Cologne Russe like?

As above, Goose asked me what this one was like in the acquisition thread earlier, so I decided to try it out. It took a while to put my finger on what the scent was, it was vaguely familiar, but the best description would be like either one of those cheap maple leaf looking air freshners some people hang off their rear view mirror or the potent candy smelling wax the car washes at Bunnings use...!

Now this could be the fact I was trying to load the brush out of a tiny Maggards sampler container, but this was hands down the worst lather I've ever built from any soap or cream. Had to go back and load the brush multiple times as it wasn't as thirsty as the Reserve / Excelsior bases I'm used to. Despite that, the open comb was still able to carry it to an acceptable shave and I have no post shave razor burn.

bXlqkFo.png

My first SOTD post.

Brush: Yaqi mysterious space badger 24mm
Soap/Cream: Barrister & Mann - Cologne Russe AKA car wash candy wax
Razor: Gillette New Type long comb
Blade: Personna israeli red (1)
Post-shave: Stirling unscented balm

As above, Goose asked me what this one was like in the acquisition thread earlier, so I decided to try it out. It took a while to put my finger on what the scent was, it was vaguely familiar, but the best description would be like either one of those cheap maple leaf looking air freshners some people hang off their rear view mirror or the potent candy smelling wax the car washes at Bunnings use...!

Now this could be the fact I was trying to load the brush out of a tiny Maggards sampler container, but this was hands down the worst lather I've ever built from any soap or cream. Had to go back and load the brush multiple times as it wasn't as thirsty as the Reserve / Excelsior bases I'm used to. Despite that, the open comb was still able to carry it to an acceptable shave and I have no post shave razor burn.

bXlqkFo.png
Take a scoop of soap about 1cm cubed and smoosh and smear it onto the bottom of a bowl. Any bowl will do and then load up that way

Pre: Warm Shower
Razor: 73 Black Beauty
Blade: Feather
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Pony
Soap: B&M Reserve Lavender

Took some courage to hold back the wolf, but the 73 black beauty did not disappoint. The Reserve produced an amazingly slick lather and filled the bathroom with a lovely lavender scent. Loaded the 73 with a feather, set it to 6 and pushed out 4 passes of wtg, xtg and 2xatg

Comfortable, smooth shave resulting in a super smooth face and a most enjoyable experience. There’s a lot of love for this 73 Black Beauty

49779867278_3bfcbdb9e3_b.jpg

Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Tim Keech Memorial Auction 2018 soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless "Aussie Spoiler" (6)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Tim Keech Memorial Auction 2018 splash
Fragrance: N/A

No mention of how good I smell today - hmmm, not sure what that means ?

FXExiRRl.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Pb Camphorwood Rocker
Brush: Omega 10048
Razor: Rocnel Elite
Blade: Treet (1)
I've been wanting to try the 10048 Omega Boar for a while to compare with the 10038. The 10048 has a longer loft so I wondered whether it might be a potential replacement for my Zenith Boar brushes which are lovely brushes but are shedomatics. I'm not one for getting into 'breaking in' discussions but this thing will benefit from a few shaves under its belt. I may as well have taken the floor broom to my face. New brush 'funk' was barely noticeable. I purchased a couple of the 10048's as they are not an expensive brush and I like to keep a couple of brushes on hand to give away with my soaps to family/friends if they don't already have a brush.
I picked the brushes up from Vshod who in their usual fashion also packed in a few different tucks of razor blades to try. I have not tried the Treet before and was very pleasantly surprised, No:1 that it fit the Elite (designed to take Feather blades and only a few other brands fit as well) and secondly that it gave a superb shave. I'll try the blade in some other razors but based just on it's performance in the Elite will likely pick up 100 blades at some stage.

XzFRvoul.jpg

The Wolf was calling my name today so whacked in a new Spoiler blade and off I went. Got a very good lather from the badger 🦡 brush and the Soap Commander soap. It’s a solid performer for sure. Ended with some Proraso green since the scent doesn’t linger too long.

Pre: Hot shower.
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Rapira platinum lux
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captains Blend
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.