Status
Not open for further replies.
rjFZ4Zbl.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb The Blue Tansy
Brush: Omega 10083
Razor: TI Bijou de France Rose Pattern
AS: Pb Sorro
Didn't shave yesterday and my face has finally cleared up from a cold sore and an insect bite that bled every shave which made for probably the best shave I've had for three weeks.:)(y)

The only Rapira I have left are the Swedish ones. None of the others have been impressive at all. I went through a stage where I wanted to use up some odd blades I have and it coincided with the Tatara. I would also add that I had a loan of a vector recently and that razor is very high on my want list!
Yeah judging by some reviews I've seen the Vector gets plenty of praise and I believe its one of Ruds favourite razors. :LOL:
Not sure I'm ready to jump into SE razors but then again they have a reputation for efficiency compared with DE razors and the Sabre @Pbgoose + @lerenau lent me shaved nicely.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Hamami
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #13
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Yeah judging by some reviews I've seen the Vector gets plenty of praise and I believe its one of Ruds favourite razors. :LOL:
Not sure I'm ready to jump into SE razors but then again they have a reputation for efficiency compared with DE razors and the Sabre @Pbgoose + @lerenau lent me shaved nicely.
The Vector is the razor I'd run back into a burning building for. It gives me a guaranteed fantastic shave without fail every time, no matter what blade I put in it, mild but supremely efficient. I often think I'm just wasting space keeping those DE razors.

Razor: TI Bijou de France Rose Pattern
Didn't shave yesterday and my face has finally cleared up from a cold sore and an insect bite that bled every shave which made for probably the best shave I've had for three weeks.:)(y)
and what a beautiful razor to break that drought with (y)(y)(y)

The Vector is the razor I'd run back into a burning building for. It gives me a guaranteed fantastic shave without fail every time, no matter what blade I put in it, mild but supremely efficient. I often think I'm just wasting space keeping those DE razors.
Its nice when you manage to find that one special razor that ticks all the right boxes and one day I'd like to try the Vector as it looks the goods...
Then again where's the fun in sticking to just one razor as I'm a man of variety :)

Brush:- Simpson Wee Scot
Soap:- Vintage Old Spice
Razor:- 1966 USSR Capital Straight Razor
Aftershave:- B&M Reserve Spice

odshRlf.jpg

Managed 2 good lathers with the wee scot and very precise, although one drip flies off and it feels like the whole load has gone 💦
It was actually a good exercise in loading such a tiny brush. If you are a bit of a soap miser like me :)

Brush:- Simpson Wee Scot
Soap:- Vintage Old Spice
Razor:- 1966 USSR Capital Straight Razor
Aftershave:- B&M Reserve Spice

odshRlf.jpg

Managed 2 good lathers with the wee scot and very precise, although one drip flies off and it feels like the whole load has gone 💦
It was actually a good exercise in loading such a tiny brush. If you are a bit of a soap miser like me :)
Thank goodness you haven’t got that tiny pinky wee scot

oNcjcLe.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Musgo Real Classic
Razor: Merkur Mergress
Blade: Perma Sharp (2)
Scent: Florida Water Cologne

Very relaxing three pass shave for a DFS+ result. Heatwave conditions recently, so thought I'd cool down with some Osage Rub and Florida Water post shave.

JBy5wgC.jpg

Pre: water
Razor: Muhle Rocca R96
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Yaqi Moka 26mm 2-band badger
Soap: Grooming Dept - Otium

Cooking liquorice sauce in your kitchen after the floor has been freshly mopped with Pine-O Cleen. 2 pass DFS. Good shave, and while the post shave isn't amazingly 'better' than other elite soaps, my skin feels pretty good after.

Cooking liquorice sauce in your kitchen after the floor has been freshly mopped with Pine-O Cleen. 2 pass DFS. Good shave, and while the post shave isn't amazingly 'better' than other elite soaps, my skin feels pretty good after.

Hahaha, I love the analogy. :ROFLMAO:(y). I just spat my coffee out in laughter. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for making my day better with your comment.(y)

Can you do a review of Grooming Department - Angel. I am interested in your thoughts on the scent as off the puck I gave it a quick smell, and it sure smells complex.

Last edited:
X1CEXWlh.jpg

Soap: Pb Phoenix
Brush: Platypus
Razor: Sabre
Blade: GEM (7)
Was looking for a menthol hit after getting in a couple of hours work before it got too hot. The smoky citrus of Phoenix was very pleasant and the GEM blade gave a very nice shave in the Sabre but 7 shaves is it's limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.