5AmZp2c.jpg

Prep: Barrister Reserve Cool soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Cream: Lea Menthol
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Polsilver Wizamet (1)
Post: Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Scent: D.R. Harris Arlington Cologne

Crisp weather this time of year in the Great Victoria Desert.

Lupo 72
Nacet
Semogue Galahad
A&E Greek Cafe
Puros splash

No issue with the soap today, just the most minor (barely noticeable) tingle while using it so must of been the WR2 + Rapira combo which shocks me as this blade gave me the best shave with the Timeless 95 the day before

now that puros splash is just heaven in a bottle and the Lupo 72 is up there in top 3 razors I have, possibly taking pole position and has quite possibly (nothing is certain :)) ended my quest for another razor (y)

51480386943_f4427af765_b.jpg

Brush: Semogue 820
Soap:
Tabac (Tallow)
Razor:
Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux

I've been really enjoying this razor + blade combo. Might pick up a (few) hundred of these some time in the future. Interesting to see that Tabac has been reformulated. The tallow based formula is easily one of the best soaps I've used. Personally not a fan of the scent so I didn't buy any backups. However, I hear the scent of the non tallow version is different so may consider buying a puck once I finish my current one.

Tabac is a great soap @admarlity, BUT...

... you might be able to pick up a Martin de Candre in the charity auction here AND be supporting a great cause?

OOPS!

Did I say too much?

Brush: Semogue 820
Soap: Tabac (Tallow)
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux

I've been really enjoying this razor + blade combo. Might pick up a (few) hundred of these some time in the future. Interesting to see that Tabac has been reformulated. The tallow based formula is easily one of the best soaps I've used. Personally not a fan of the scent so I didn't buy any backups. However, I hear the scent of the non tallow version is different so may consider buying a puck once I finish my current one.

lol I used the Rapira + WR2 1.25 combo yesterday and thought it was the worst I have put in the wolfman to date.. my rapira was swedish super steel so maybe that was why or maybe its just YMMV

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Simpson - Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap:- Murphy & McNeil - Magh Tured
Razor:- #58 - Aussie Aristocrat Junior
Blade:- Aussie Spoiler (1)
Aftershave:- Murphy & McNeil - Magh Tured

B62qR3C.jpg

Vintage are definitely winning this round of blade/razor comparisons
Maybe an unfair advantage pairing with the Aussie Spoilers

It’s the brand. Quite well documented that many people suffer adverse reactions to his soaps, myself included.
It must be the fragrance oils as I'm yet to find an A&E splash that I didn't find too chemical in smell. No reaction to the soaps but in all honesty a bit overrated but YMMV... :p

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (6)
Blade: Iridium Super (5)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum EDT

This Stirling Soap is SOOO good, might need to grab some more in the Charity Auction.

OOPS

Did I say too much?

aXgMMGsl.jpg

iauQwL2.jpeg

Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Omega 10029
Soap: Long Rifle Co Bay Rhum
Razor: Parker 87R, 22R
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (1), Gillette 7 o'clock Platinum black (1)

Last night I used both Parkers at the same time since they're the same heads and easy to swap blades. The Shark blade (included with purchase) was rough. I didn't enjoy it and off into the used blade bank it went. The 7OC black fared much better. However, the blade geometry was unlike the Gillette TTOs I've used so far, there's a fair bit of blade feel (for a TTO) and the shave could be smoother. Might be a picky one with the blades. The 22R I think felt marginally better, could be due to weight or balance. I would say these heads are mid-aggressive. Not to say I had a bad shave; I actually got DFS+ and my jaw still feels smooth at time of writing.

Quality wise, the 22R actually feels better built. The machining on the 87R handle is not great, but hey, it is a sub $40 razor. If I had to pick one, it's the 22R.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.