Shave ready straight sub $60?

Hi Joel, glad it arrived safely. It's already stropped and ready to go so you won't have to do it the first time. It's fine to do so when the strop arrives for your next shave. Thanks for reaching out to me, hope you enjoy your straight journey. Cheers.

Nice :) might give it a go on Saturday when I have some time to be nice and patient with it.

Thanks again for your help and if all goes well I'm sure I'll be reaching out to you again.

Had my first shave this arvo, couldn't wait for the weekend. First pass went well, only one tiny nick. Felt a bit weird using my left hand and sometimes trying to figure out the correct approach to a given part of my face was difficult, but overall not nearly as scary as I might have thought.

Got a bit brave and went for an xtg pass and cut myself a couple times. Really struggled to get the angles and approaches right, figuring out how to hold the razor etc.

Got a much closer shave on the right side of my face than the left, but also the couple of cuts I got were on the right side of my face so there's that.

I think I might stick to wtg for a few shaves at least to build my confidence.

Great to see that you've put it to action. Attempting more than one pass indicates more confidence than what I normally see with new straight shavers, take that as an advantage. It sounds like you'll get the hand of it quite fast. I agree, stick to one pass shaves for the time being and everything else will come naturally as long as you keep at it.

"Don't chase a BBS. It will find you"

Great to see that you've put it to action. Attempting more than one pass indicates more confidence than what I normally see with new straight shavers, take that as an advantage. It sounds like you'll get the hand of it quite fast. I agree, stick to one pass shaves for the time being and everything else will come naturally as long as you keep at it.

"Don't chase a BBS. It will find you"

Thanks mate :) I appreciate the vote of confidence. I'm glad I went the extra pass because now I know not to for a little while. I see a fair few posts of new straight shavers who only shave their cheeks for a while and stuff like that, and while I'd never criticise anyone for doing things their own way at their own pace, I figure you don't get better at something by not doing it.