Review Shaver Heaven Oatmeal Stout (V3 Tallow)

I believe I speak fairly, when I state that his tallow range is universally praised around these parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great review @Mark1966. I've only tried the Oatmeal stout once, but my first impressions are similar to yours.
I am still coming to terms with shaving with something that smells like I should be eating it.
I've also tried the Vanilla Oak - beautiful warm scent. After reading the other posts here, I need to try the Spiced Mahogany.
@Anthony - well done in producing such a range of excellent products and scents. And good on you for coming up with some really interesting scent combo's. It makes things much more interesting than churning out generic minor variants on a theme.

I have a few shaver heaven and rate the brand in my top 3. Havent got Spiced Mahogany yet but after hearing how good people are saying it is, i dont think it will be too long before i have no option but to get a tub to try.

I was sent a sample of this soap by the very generous @Mark1966.
I've got a couple of versions of @Anthony's soaps (Blue tub vegan, and white tub vegan), but this is the first tallow version I have had the opportunity to try.
On with the review:

Scent
Since I got this soap in a ziplock bag inside an envelope, the scent was powerful even from the outside of the packaging.
After pressing the sample into my crappy plastic bowl, and lathering up I have found that this scent is too sweet for me.
I definitely pick up on the orange peel, and I'm not sure if this is the main part of the scent that disagree's with me.
This is not a horrible scent, but certainly not one for me.

Latherability & Performance
This tallow version is even easier to lather than the already easily lathered shaver heaven formula's.
With very little effort at all, I was able to produce a thick, shiny and well moisturised lather which was very stable.
I found the lather to be very slick, and gave me heaps of confidence within my shaving ability providing plenty of protection and cushion.

Post shave feel
My face feels good post shave, probably better than with the vegan versions. Almost no need to use an aftershave at all.

Conclusion
I have a reasonably small knowledge of different soaps, but I really do think that this is a world class soap we have here in our own backyard.
I think that all anyone has to do is find a scent that they like, and they would be very happy with their purchase.
I will be sure to add some tallow shaver heaven to my den in the future. Hopefully I can find a scent that appeals to me sooner rather than later!