Show us your straights

This one arrived for me today. $20:00 including shipping from Japan.

Steve
A lovely frameback. Boy, Japan is yielding its treasures for the Aussies...

There are some very nice items at reasonable prices. I'm after a wedge now. Not that I'm collecting ;)

That photo is the guy's image off ebay and the razor is actually much better than the image.

Some nice blades guys.

Been working on the hoshitombo 6000 and I'm pretty happy with how it's come along.

Couldn't get anything finer than 1200 grit wet dry paper, so I grabbed some autosol and an electric toothbrush and this is the end product.

oqDUIBU.jpg

mvy4y7k.jpg

Now I need to send it to Mark to get honed so I can start learning how to use it.

Mate you've done an awesome job.

That looks great! The electric toothbrush is a good idea too

Thanks, I'm pretty chuffed with how it's turned out.

Fortunately had a couple of old heads for the electric toothbrush hanging around, otherwise SWMBO might have had a surprise in the morning

Dremel and polishing compound from Bunnings might be the next best thing ;)

Hey well new here but thought I'd show you what I use Sunday through to Friday, interspersed now and again with a DE or two...

The first is my De Pews from 1882. Original scales, some artificial (lemon and lime juice) patination by me. Bugger of a razor to hone with an uneven bevel and a warped blade but very very very cool to use... Love the outrageous monkey tail...

Next is the Joseph Elliot's Best Silver Steel. Pre 1891 (no country or origin). Probably a 1/2 hollow grind; quite heavy 6/8. Buffalo horn scales with a red wedge. Not really a favorite.

Next is my Wade and Butcher 4/8. Post 1891. I swapped a big 7/8 W&B wedge in abalone scales for this. This one has Canadian Maple scales. Very very very buttery edge. very smooth. A favorite.

Next is the Klas Törnblom Frameback. Extremely cool razor; so simplistic. Original ivory scales. This takes an incredible edge and keeps it. So light. My favorite razor.

Next is the daggy looking Jernbolaget frameback. Odd name; sounds very French but it's Swedish. I played around a lot with patination; using lemon and lime juice mixed with olive oil. At one stage it had a beautiful blue tone which I later rubbed off. Compressed leather scales which seem quite rare. Very cool razor, great edge.

And then to my very first straight razor, the Burrell Top Flight. Really cool wings logo. Full hollow, great audio and tactile feedback from this. Love this razor, love the spike toe, the celluloid scales, the logo, it's just epitomising razors in the very early '40s...

So that's the current crew... :)

Hey well new here but thought I'd show you what I use Sunday through to Friday, interspersed now and again with a DE or two...

The first is my De Pews from 1882. Original scales, some artificial (lemon and lime juice) patination by me. Bugger of a razor to hone with an uneven bevel and a warped blade but very very very cool to use... Love the outrageous monkey tail...

Next is the Joseph Elliot's Best Silver Steel. Pre 1891 (no country or origin). Probably a 1/2 hollow grind; quite heavy 6/8. Buffalo horn scales with a red wedge. Not really a favorite.

Next is my Wade and Butcher 4/8. Post 1891. I swapped a big 7/8 W&B wedge in abalone scales for this. This one has Canadian Maple scales. Very very very buttery edge. very smooth. A favorite.

Next is the Klas Törnblom Frameback. Extremely cool razor; so simplistic. Original ivory scales. This takes an incredible edge and keeps it. So light. My favorite razor.

Next is the daggy looking Jernbolaget frameback. Odd name; sounds very French but it's Swedish. I played around a lot with patination; using lemon and lime juice mixed with olive oil. At one stage it had a beautiful blue tone which I later rubbed off. Compressed leather scales which seem quite rare. Very cool razor, great edge.

And then to my very first straight razor, the Burrell Top Flight. Really cool wings logo. Full hollow, great audio and tactile feedback from this. Love this razor, love the spike toe, the celluloid scales, the logo, it's just epitomising razors in the very early '40s...

So that's the current crew... :)

Is this the sum total of straight steel at Casa De La Schneider mate...or just the ones in your rotation?
...only ask as:
1. I have a couple that are more for honing practice than real shaving (so a few that would not make the portrait sitting), and (more importantly)
2. where's the kamisori??

Is this the sum total of straight steel at Casa De La Schneider mate...or just the ones in your rotation?
...only ask as:
1. I have a couple that are more for honing practice than real shaving (so a few that would not make the portrait sitting), and (more importantly)
2. where's the kamisori??

Yeah, this is all at das Haus des Herr Schneider, all in current rotation. I've had more and there's a Bengall wedge hiding in my son's room that's quite nice (needs new scales). Always considered a Kamisori, but never did it.

Yeah, this is all at das Haus des Herr Schneider, all in current rotation. I've had more and there's a Bengall wedge hiding in my son's room that's quite nice (needs new scales). Always considered a Kamisori, but never did it.

Wow, is that for the son to use, muster the courage to use, or simply to contemplate?

Mate you can ignore most of what I bang on about (most here do), but do yourself a favour and get yourself a kamisori. It's a completely different experience..not only of shaving but of mindfulness.

Wow, is that for the son to use, muster the courage to use, or simply to contemplate?

Mate you can ignore most of what I bang on about (most here do), but do yourself a favour and get yourself a kamisori. It's a completely different experience..not only of shaving but of mindfulness.

He never actually used it which is why I'm stealing it back to give away. Yeah, I'll get a Kamisori one day... It takes me MONTHS to decide on whether to get a new brush or not, I've been contemplating a new Semogue Boar for going on over a year now...

He never actually used it which is why I'm stealing it back to give away. Yeah, I'll get a Kamisori one day... It takes me MONTHS to decide on whether to get a new brush or not, I've been contemplating a new Semogue Boar for going on over a year now...

Lucky you of you to land here mate.
1. @Mark is your man for kamisori. Shave readier than ever...
2. @Anthony is your man for Semogue. He (ShaverHeaven) has a shipment imminent.

OK next problem....

@stillshunter was corrupted in the ways of Semogue by oneself.
I believe it is fair to state his shave experiences are pre Semogue and post Semogue, particularly after he discovered what they're like post break-in :)

Yeah, this is all at das Haus des Herr Schneider

Sorry to be so picky, but while we are at it:

Yeah, this is all at das IM Haus des HerrN Schneider

"Im" means at so no need write it twice...

"Herr" is in this case Genetiv (second case) and the correct declination would be "Herrn"

Even nicer would be the older form: Im HausE des Herrn Schneider

Again sorry for my OCD :cry::cry::cry:

Was going to utter something about grammar nazi's, yet good taste prevente... ahh fuck!